SSI (U.S.) Inc. d/b/a Spencer Stuart
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.Location
: Corporate/ChicagoFull/Part Time
: Full timeReq ID
: R2870Position Summary
The Learning and Development Coordinator role will contribute to the operations and facilitation of key learning initiatives across the Americas. The role partners with team members and business faculty to implement interactive solutions through a variety of delivery methods. These learning solutions support the development of Spencer Stuart employees across all roles. The role focuses on both operations (~70%) and training facilitation (~30%).
Creativity and innovation are encouraged, with the freedom to explore new processes and learning approaches. Learning content spans across a wide range of skill areas ranging from system training on Spencer Stuart's propriety software to professional development.Key Relationships
Americas Learning and Development Lead
Other Key Relationships:
Global Operations Lead, Learning & Development
Extended Learning & Development team
Project StakeholdersKey Responsibilities
- Serve as a key member on the Americas Learning and Development Team and Global Learning and Development Operations Team. The Operations Team aligns and manages processes for scheduling, communications, registration, measurement, and reporting for all learning across the Firm
- Partner with the extended Learning and Development team, faculty, and external vendors to successfully plan, coordinate, communicate, implement and track learning programs
- Lead delivery logistics of regional and global learning programs across a variety of delivery methods to achieve desired performance: eLearning, classroom, virtual sessions
- Facilitate selected learning and development programs and initiatives through in-person and virtual delivery
- Evolve the Learning & Development function by establishing best practices, new processes, tools, and templates.
- Focus on continuous professional development to encourage self and others to stay current with latest industry standards and advancements
The Learning and Development Coordinator is a results-oriented individual with a demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate across multiple initiatives in a professional environment. The role partners professionally with the extended Learning and Development team, faculty, and external vendors to ensure quality and impactful solutions. The Coordinator has strong interpersonal skills in team interactions along with a capability and willingness to interact with faculty and third-party vendors on a regular basis.Ideal Experience
University Graduate or Equivalent
Bachelor's degree preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional setting
Preferably with 1-2 years of experience as in-house learning and development professional or learning industry vendor.
Fluency in English (written and spoken); additional language skills will be an advantage.Critical Capabilities for Success
Relationship and Communication Skills
In an environment working with multiple levels of the firm across dispersed offices, build relationships and collaborate with team members. Demonstrate strong oral, written and interpersonal communications:
- Build good relationships with team members and extended stakeholders
- Partner regionally and globally, balancing multiple requirements within a matrix environment
- Tailor communication style for different audiences
Project and Task Management
In an environment with competing priorities and deadlines, develop and execute plans that meet requirements. Coordinate selected programs for delivery to ensure successful ongoing execution and quality:
- Apply good project management and task management skills with a detailed, organized, and systematic approach
- Collaborate effectively with internal team members and stakeholders
- Deliver solutions on time and with appropriate quality
- Oversee end-to-end operations for selected programs. This might include: scheduling, LMS administration, faculty and participant communications, registration, measurement, and reporting. Continually assess process effectiveness and recommend improvements
In an environment working with learning participants and learning design teams, facilitate and build learning experiences that improve people's ability to perform in their roles:
Other Personal Characteristics
- Facilitate learning based on effective learning principles to fully engage participants and create impact
- As needed, serve as a subject matter expert and learning designer on certain programs. For example: system and process rollouts, onboarding training, etc.
Spencer Stuart is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to non-discrimination without regard to actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. All Spencer Stuart employees in the US must be vaccinated against COVID-19. We will provide reasonable accommodations for medical, disability or religious reasons or other legally required exemptions.
- Sound professional judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest and willingness to travel, when needed
Please see job description