The Electronic Payment Services Supervisor organizes, oversees and co-ordinates all the Electronic Payment Services day to day activities and is responsible for providing support to the Manager in a variety of areas related to Share Drafts, Automated Clearing House (ACH), Check Collections (CKC), Mobile Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), Image ATMs, Wires (Domestic and International), Check Orders, and Lockbox functions. The Supervisor is responsible for a variety of Electronic Payment Services related projects including coordinating/administering vendor and system changes. The Supervisor also may serve in a temporary Manager role as needed.
The Electronic Payment Services Supervisor is responsible for supervising assigned Electronic Payment Services Representatives I, II, III.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Electronic Payment Services Supervisor works closely with department Management on a range of departmental projects and organizational initiatives; is responsible for submitting project requests and testing various phases of assigned projects; maintains and updates production tracking and department efficiency information; works with minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks.
- Manages performance of assigned team members including regular performance coaching and feedback, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and identifying team member developmental opportunities.
- Responsible for approving transactions and support back office exception processing of Share Drafts, Automated Clearing House (ACH), Check Collections (CKC), Mobile Remote Deposit Capture (RDC), Imagine ATMs, Wires (Domestic and International, Check Orders, Lockbox, and Electronic delivery channels of Kinecta FCU. The Supervisor will monitor and ensure all regulatory and processing deadlines are met daily.
- Keeps abreast of and ensure compliance with all regulatory rules of the NCUA and other State and Federal entities, including operating rules and regulations of NACHA, Reg E, Reg CC, Reg D, Reg Z, OFAC, FACT Act, and PATRIOT Act.
- Coordinates and supervises the administration of daily activities relative to Share Drafts, ACH, CKC, RDC, Wires, ACH Origination, Lockbox, general ledger reconciliation and all other department processes.
- Coordinates and supervises all activities relative to regulatory compliance, disclosures, forms, procedures, system testing/maintenance and marketing approval.
- Assists with the preparation of Electronic Payment Services budget, business, training and quality plans.
- Performs audit of department work to ensure regulatory timelines are met and member requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors regulatory changes that affect reporting activities: recommends changes to procedures and implements such changes after approval.
- Assists in the developmental and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department.
- Oversees the Electronic Payment Services business, training, quality control and may assist with debarment budget planning as assigned.
- Prepares records related to work performed; research special projects, evaluates alternatives, prepares reports and recommendations; writes correspondence and responds to inquiries and provides pertinent information.
- Develops and standardizes operations procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and effectives of Electronic Payment Services operations.
- Prioritizes the functions of the department and makes recommendations for the department as well as operations.
- Conduct testing, validation and a variety of department functions as the primary job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, applicable laws, codes, regulations and materials related to the operation and maintenance of ACH, Wires, Checks, ATM, and Remote Deposit Capture.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, assignment, review and evaluation and the training of staff in work procedures.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of budget development, administration and accountability.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to resolve complex member account issues and directs member issues to appropriate staff person.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Preferred strong knowledge of Episys.
- Preferred advanced knowledge of ACH, Wire, and Check regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and apply mathematical reasoning and concepts.
- Ability to interact with staff, members and others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new information or skills.
- Ability to manage highly detailed works on multiple, concurrent tasks under intensive deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret financial data, information and documents.
- Ability to work under intensive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with high volume transactions.
- Ability to work with high volume member related calls and emails, resolving escalated issues quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to interface with Senior Management, Vendors and other internal / external staff during conversions and interdepartmental projects.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business/Financial ore related financial field or 5 years electronic payments experience in a financial institution.
- NCPC or AAP Certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a supervisory capacity in finance, retail operations is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Experience in systems conversions and interdepartmental projects.
- Working knowledge and experience in ACH, ATM, Wires, Checks, and RDC
One year of relevant professional-level work experience may be substituted for one year of required education.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES, MENTAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to exercise sound judgment, effectively plan and be well organized, have excellent oral and written communications skills, work well under changing timelines, take the initiative and be flexible and cooperative. Accuracy, timeliness and maintaining confidentiality related to member, employee information and company records is required.
While performing the job duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; lift minimum 10 lbs.
The employee is frequently required to walk and stand. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read and operate office equipment, as necessary. The employee works under typical office conditions and noise levels.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.