Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, and serving as an expert in maintenance and reliability, the Maintenance Manager ‘s mission is to contribute to the achievement of his or her unit's operational strategy by coordinating maintenance activities in collaboration with production. In addition, you ensure that your group's OHS objectives are met by developing and implementing the reliability program and effectively managing equipment availability. You also build a mobilized and competent team and support their initiatives to improve maintenance practices. Finally, you ensure rigorous follow-up of maintenance processes to optimize your unit's operational efficiency and performance.
Before Start-up responsibilities:
- Acting as a key contributor to the establishment and implementation of the strategy and being the site reference for the corporate team and consultants.
- Be fully invested, with the assistance of the project partners, in Maintenance personnel management, in the recruitment, development and coaching to ensure a robust organization in the department.
- Lead, mentor and guide the maintenance team in developing and refining a comprehensive predictive, preventive and condition-based maintenance program that meets plant reliability and availability targets.
- Develop, implement and maintain Business Processes (BPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for maintenance operations.
- Develop and refine the Plant maintenance program to:
- Implement a robust asset management system that tracks key reliability and availability metrics, supports maintenance planning and workflow and interfaces with inventory management systems.
- Draws all Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Operation and Maintenance (O&M) tasks and periodicities into a maintenance planning and recording system.
- Exploits maintenance records and trends to evaluate and refine maintenance periodicities.
- Grow and develop the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to optimize reliability, availability and resource efficiency.
- Ensure optimal execution of operations through the attainment of occupational health and safety targets
- Ensure the work organization by monitoring that maintenance tasks are planned, scheduled and successfully executed.
- Participate in budget reviews, management meetings and establishment the maintenance department objectives.
- Ensure that best practice is identified and implemented for maintenance planning, recording, review and data analysis.
- Support the rollout of control and predictive tools, such as non-destructive inspection, vibration monitoring and health monitoring to achieve uptime targets.
- Work in partnership with the process and reliability team and use plant reliability data to review and update asset criticality ratings and spare parts philosophy/inventory.
- Oversee the planning and execution of scheduled maintenance shutdowns.
Experiences and strengths
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an industrial production environment such as pulp and paper, water treatment or similar.
- Experience developing and optimizing maintenance programs and schedules.
- Project Management experience is desired.
- Leadership and expertise in promoting buy-in to proposed solutions and rallying your team around objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Rigor and agility to handle projects based on their scope, budget and timelines
- Agility needed to work with various technological tools
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
- Paper and Pulp industry experience is a MUST!