Commercial Market Executive - Greenville, SC
Purpose of the Job
The Commercial Market Executive has overall responsibility for the Credit Union's member business loan portfolio, participation in the development and recommendation of business service loan objectives, policies and practices, as well as approval of loans within specified authorities including unsecured and secured lines of credit, construction and development loans, equipment/machinery loans and credit cards. The Commercial Market Executive will be responsible for comprehensive, strategic management of a defined business team of Business Services Officers and Business Service Assistants within Truliant Federal Credit Union and also developing sustainable and meaningful relationships with key constituencies and centers of influence with the main goal of increasing market share and access to new members, as well as enhancing the Credit Union's viability and brand awareness in order to add new business relationships and to increase membership and service usage within the communities we serve.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Proactively leads the growth, acquisition and ongoing management of partnerships with fully-engaged organizations within the market that fit the Credit Union's strategic objectives.
- Establishes and maintains third-party relationships within the market that enable the Credit Union to increase membership and usage of our products and services.
- Develops and maintains a wide variety of contacts and serves as a local contact within key constituencies for the purpose of entering into and enhancing mutually-beneficial partnerships.
- Plans, promotes and conducts various events including presentations, promotional visits and educational seminars with local organizations and participates in and/or sponsors benefit-related events.
- Participates in civic organizations, trade shows, community events, professional events, and partner organization events to promote the Credit Union.
- Participates in the development and recommendation of commercial loan objectives, policies and practices, and approves loans within specified authorities.
- Has overall responsibility for the assigned business teams Commercial and Business Purpose Loan portfolio, including credit cards, unsecured and secured lines of credit, construction and development loans, equipment/machinery and rolling stock loans, owner and non owner-occupied residential and non residential real estate loans, including those originated in association with Small Business Administration and other government guaranty programs.
- Studies problems and recommends changes in present loan policies and practices; maintains contact with other lending institutions to keep informed on trends in the commercial loan field.
- Coordinates the dissemination of commercial loan policy, practices and procedures, and ensures that deviations are corrected.
- Provides advice, guidance and loan services to business services officers including credit analysis, evaluation of financial statements and credit information, and collection of past due loans.
- Evaluates loan pricing methodologies and manages risk of entire Business Loan portfolio while also monitoring/managing the proper mix of business loan characteristics to maximize yield, maintain quality control, and minimize losses.
- Participates in creating, organizing, planning, directing, and implementing the strategic activities of Business Lending, and Ancillary Business Products.
- Ensures Business Lending, and Ancillary Business Products policies and programs are in line with overall Credit Union objectives.
- Interacts regularly with Senior Management Team, Credit Union Managers/Department Heads, and frontline/support employees to ensure overall credit union objectives are achieved particularly as it relates to Business Lending, and Ancillary Business Products.
- Engages regularly with business owners and community centers of influence to create brand awareness and promote Truliant's mission.
- Works to ensure the proper mix of business loan characteristics to maximize yield, maintain quality control, and minimize losses.
- Coordinates and participates in annual review process, staff promotions, hiring, transfers, terminations, and disciplinary actions for assigned personnel.
- Prepares and monitors annual budgets for assigned responsibilities.
- Actively promotes the mission of the Credit Union within the organization and throughout the communities served by the Credit Union.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have thorough understanding of business services management in a financial institution
- Must have experience with multi-lending channel operations
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have good working knowledge of various software programs, member service platforms, operations and Credit Union background
- Must possess the ability to communicate and initiate change and possess a positive attitude while explaining and supporting organizational decisions, directions and procedures
- Must have intermediate skills in MS Excel and Word
- Must have superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible, compassionate
- Must be resourceful and well organized, with strong attention to detail
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment required
- Must be able to identify and evaluate business threats and opportunities
- Must be able to work under pressure of time deadlines
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be able to lead and motivate teams
- Must have the ability to research and analyze various type of complex market and financial data
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or government law
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant's members and employees
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field required, MBA preferred
- 10 years of Business Services/Commercial lending experience required; A strong and existing network is preferred
- 5 years previous management experience required
- SBA experience preferred
Greenville - Greenville, SC 29607 US (Primary)