Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Field Service Engineer, West Coast
Here's the deal. We're all about helping researchers break free from tools that just don't cut it. Unleashing problem-tackling products that make a huge difference in the real science they do every day. That's our mantra, our promise and we own it. Our tribe is different. We thrive on moving fast, taking risks and persevering through failure. We embrace the unknown and we are happy to make mistakes. We are there for each other and we crave diversity because we know that building a truly diverse tribe will make us better at everything.
Job Description: Field Service Engineer-West Coast
The Top Line
This is your chance to join an awesome, growing and fast-paced company creating UNbelievably cool life science products! We're building out our field service team, and you're coming in just in time to make a huge difference. If you're psyched about solving challenging technical problems and delighting customers with your service skill, this is the place for you.
We're looking for a high-energy go-getter who is ready to do whatever it takes to grind through issues, deliver great services, and generally make happy customers who use our complex life-science analytics instruments and workflow automation solutions. This job is all about breaking the mold and finding innovative ways to improve customer support.
- On-site field support engineer, how delivers preventive services, installs cool analytics tools and large-scale lab automation systems, and builds great customer relationships
- Super-flexible environment, you schedule your calls, we're here to support you and make you successful
- You'll get to work across the org with smart scientists, other engineers, and the rest of us to get things done
- Significant travel (really)
- Based in Bay Area California
- Install, repair, and maintain complex automated workflow solutions and protein analytical equipment in science labs at our customer sites
- Provide remote support and troubleshooting help, and maybe even pep talks, to our customers
- Be a customer advocate, give us the real scoop about what's going on, and help us get better
- Do the reporting and paperwork - we don't love it either but if you think of a way to make it easier by all means bring your ideas!
- Proven field service experience supporting complex scientific equipment in the life science industry
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex electro-opto-mechanical equipment
- UNafraid of a lab environment! Know how to pipette stuff, and know the science at least at a basic level
- Have excellent attention to detail, good housekeeping and organization skills
- Great communication skills
- Be gritty, find a way when it looks like there isn't one, bring energy, love what you do
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in a technical field
- Must adhere and comply with all the Company's policies