Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the engineering of automotive conveyance systems and their components to fulfill company contractual needs, costs, and timing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Plan and direct engineering directives and establish job specific schedules and priorities.
- Understand types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates for engineering products being designed and built.
- Facilitate engineering activities with procurement, production, and quality control activities.
- Facilitate operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve quality.
- Maintain and revise, as necessary, engineering schedules according to material availability, budget and design, equipment failures and/or operations issues.
- Coordinate and schedule work orders in accordance with delivery dates and installation schedules.
- Establish working relationships with internal customers to understand modifications to products, designs, and equipment.
- Coordinate with production and project management teams regarding any project questions, schedule changes or design modifications.
- Coordinate with purchasing regarding any design-specific materials cost and availability, design modifications, or project questions.
- Compile, store, and retrieve accurate engineering data. Interpret current and future needs, based on this data.
- Resolve engineering personnel concerns in a reasonable and timely fashion.
- Hire all personnel and facilitate all associated training for the engineering department.
- Develop existing personnel through training and performance evaluation, according to the organizational structure, to improve output and efficiency.
- Orchestrate all management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Create and maintain engineering planning and schedules.
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that all company safety requirements are adhered to, both in-office and on-site.
- Ensure the highest level of safety and quality while operating on a demanding schedule and tight deadlines.
- Manage the delegation of outsourced work through the Purchasing department.
- Maintain project costs in accordance with project budgets, manpower loadings, and production timing.
- Schedule engineering hours to best meet project budget and schedule.
- Maintain engineering personnel records, including certifications, and training forms.
- Review and approve employee time keeping records.
- Review and approve employee expense reporting.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements as dictated by various governing agencies that oversee the engineering industry.
- Analyze and engineer custom automotive conveyor projects, steel mezzanines, platform steel structures, automotive fixtures, industrial sheet metal enclosures, and industrial ductwork.
- Attend customer bid-meetings, contract meetings and walk-throughs, as necessary.
- Engage and report to the needs of the Leadership Team.
- Support Estimating for new projects with innovation.
- Create and maintain R&D solutions.
- Perform field checks as required.
- Follow build status of engineered projects internally and externally.
- Other tasks or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10 years working in an Industrial Equipment Construction Environment.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Conveyor/Material Handling Automotive Market.
- Experience in Fixtures/Enclosures/Ductwork Industrial Market
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of structural steel elements, material handling and production systems.
- Knowledge of enclosure, ductwork, and fixture design.
- State registered Professional Engineer preferred.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge in Adobe Acrobat.
- AutoCad experience required. Inventor and AutoDesk products experience also preferred.
- Factory CAD, Solid Edge, MicroStation or other 3D software preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team in a fast paced, time sensitive, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Requires some travel, including overnight and out of country to attend bid meetings and review job sites.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability