STAFF ASSISTANT III
ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE
CITY OF WORCESTER
The City of Worcester seeks applicants for the position of Staff Assistant III to manage the day-to-day processing and maintenance of various federal and state grants. The Staff Assistant works in the Administration and Finance Department, Budget Division, and reports to the Grants Compliance Manager. Responsibilities of this position include, receiving funding, recording of fund transactions, processing payments, preparing financial reports, reconciliations, documents and other data and performing other duties as required following established methods and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of CFR 200 and other circulars governing federal grant funds.
* Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations governing state grant funds.
* Knowledge of grants administration.
* Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping.
* Familiarity with financial reports, documentation generation, and substantiation.
* Strong organization skills, with a focus on being detailed oriented.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills necessary.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computers, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to work independently, take initiative, and set priorities for meeting internal and external deadlines.
* Ability to respond to changes in priorities based on workflow and deadlines.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with state, local and federal agencies.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field;
* Three (3) years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial management; OR,
o An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job may be considered in lieu of the above requirements.
* Prior work experience with basic accounting/bookkeeping.
* Five (5) or more years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial management
* Prior work experience in municipal accounting/finance
* Familiarity with grants administration.
SALARY RANGE: $25.44 - $33.92 hourly, full-time, with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Open until filled. Preference is given to Worcester residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall, Human Resources, Room 109, 508-799-1030, HR@worcesterma.gov.