HEAD/DIRECTOR OF CREATIVE SERVICES
The Head of Creative Services creates the roadmap for bringing strategic ideas to life though creative ideation and flawless execution. They oversee and support design, branding and marketing activities for the company. They are responsible to manage a team of internal creatives and contractors for duties that are focused on developing the brand, creating marketing materials, website materials and other content. They are responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the team, managing timeline, workflow, approvals and asset trafficking to best facilitate projects on time and in budget. As the point of contact for all creative executions it is their responsibility to circulate project updates and communicate creative needs and expectations among Shinola's departments and its leadership team.
They will work closely with cross-functional partners in creative, e-commerce, marketing, wholesale teams in order to achieve goals and drive results.
Self-driven, organized and collaborative, you do your best work when you're busy. You thrive in process and seeing creative ideas followed through to execution, you understand the balance of budget and resource management and have an innate sense of when to outsource and when to execute internally. You are a team-problem solver, someone that can troubleshoot and motivate a team to get onboard. You are organized and detailed to a fault with the ability to get things done. Innately curious, eager to work in a fast-paced environment and be someone who can quickly jump in, figure out workflow organizational processed and ensure that workflow runs smoothly and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Creative Team: Oversee day-to-day job performance of the team. Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved timelines and budgets.
- Serve as a gatekeeper: Work with cross functional partners to control the inflow and outflow of projects and deliverables.
- Develop Team Skills:Identify and address skills gaps within the team. Provide mentorship and continuing education recommendations when and where needed.
- Manage Schedules: Create and monitor day-to-day and full production schedules for the department.
- Develop Processes:Establish and implement design standards and processes to produce consistent and high-quality results.
- Lead Team Meetings:Lead project kick-offs and regular team meetings to foster collaboration, discuss status, prioritize action items.
- Apply Quality Control: Ensure creative teams work is high quality, error-free and aligned with the brand values/standards.
- Coordinate Resources: Source freelance creatives, developers, outside production companies, and resources for photo and video shoots.
- Track Expenditures: Keep track of spending for development and production, seek opportunities to add value and reduce costs, enhancing profitability.
- Take Ownership:Be accountable for the outputs and quality of the creative teams' work. Ensure Shinola's quality standards are applied.
- Prior experience as a head of creatives services within an organization or an agency, 4-6 years project/resource/traffic management at a creative studio, agency, or in house creative team.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) are a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills, strong business and copywriting skills is a huge plus.
- A strategic mindset, with a demonstrated ability to understand business challenges and deliver creative solutions.
- Excellent project management skills, with a strong attention to detail from concept development through production for flawless end results.
- Superior communication skills, the ability to be tactful and diplomatic but also firm and, above all, clear.
- Strong team building, staff development, change management and general leadership skills.
Sampling of Total Rewards Program:
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- 15 Paid vacation days
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 volunteer days
- Merchandise discounts
- Short term bonus eligibility
- HR Phone Screening- 30 minutes via Microsoft Teams (camera off)
- Technical Interview with Hiring Manger - 1 hour via Microsoft Teams (camera on)
- Take home assignment- 30minutes -2 hours of work
- note: select positions may not require a case study assignment
- Final Interview with Panel- 1 hour via Microsoft Teams (camera on)
*The general hiring process can be found above, however Shinola reserves the right to change the process as needed.
At Shinola, we're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Shinola encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Shinola may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.