Apellis is seeking a passionate and talented marketer for the role of Product Manager: US, Professional Education (Prof Ed) on our Geographic Atrophy (GA) Marketing Team. It is an outstanding opportunity to make a significant impact for Eyecare Professionals (ECPs) and the company, supporting US marketing activities for the first potential therapy to be approved in advanced atrophic, age-related macular degeneration, or GA.
This position will be a vital member of the GA launch team and will be supporting the highly compliant marketing activities that involve Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in promotional peer-to-peer (P2P) education. These channels will be a mix of live/virtual events but could also be via non-personal promotion (NPP) to drive disease state education and support the branded launch. They will be deeply engaged with internal cross-functional partners, and external agencies and vendors, fostering collaboration and accountability.
They will report to the Associate Director, US Marketing - Professional Education Lead.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Execute the vision for US Professional Education, in alignment with overall brand strategy
- Lead the development of Professional Education materials end-to-end, through the brief creation, content design, submission, review, and deployment process. Key assets include educational content creation, event promotional drivers, supplements, discussion guides, pre/post program surveys, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in the creation of professional education content for speaker training, speaker programs and symposia use
- Execute operations for speaker programs and symposia including project management, speaker contracting, budget management, sunshine reporting, and program analysis
- Assist in the development and execution of trainings for KOL speakers including event management team, medical team and thought leader liaisons
- Liaise with cross-functional partners on the selection and use of KOL speakers
- Execution of advisory boards or other methods to better understand key business barriers facing the Ophthalmic Franchise
- Build and nurture strong, positive relationships with key partners across field teams, congress marketing, patient marketing, medical affairs, market access, business intelligence, commercial operations, IT, and compliance in order to ensure cross-functional integration.
- Manage agency partners and other vendors to ensure seamless execution
- Ensure that all Professional Education processes, documents, and tactics are developed and implemented in accordance with Apellis corporate legal, regulatory, and compliance guidelines
- Efficiently and thoughtfully administer and manage the Professional Education budget
Education, Registration & Certification:
- 3+ years of biotech/pharma experience, predominantly in marketing/professional education roles of increasing scope and responsibility
- Marketing background and experience in HCP marketing including peer-to-peer education, non-personal programming, advisory boards, speaker training, speaker programs, KOL management and agency management
- Ophthalmology experience preferred
- Experience launching new products or indications preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Passion for understanding and championing the needs of people treating serious diseases, translating them into market-moving insights
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, managing through ambiguity
- Strong understanding of clinical decision-making process, drivers and barriers of HCP behavior, and approach to educating to distinct segments and different customer types
- Ability to quickly digest scientific and clinical updates and translate into marketing tactics
- Commitment to collaboration and engagement, with a history of success leading in a matrix environment and with agency partners
- An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the drive to embrace innovation and develop creative but well-reasoned solutions to business challenges
- Motivation to be a part of envisioning and building the infrastructure, systems, and tactics to ensure launch success
- Demonstrated integrity on the job, including an understanding of relevant rules and regulations
- Exceptional planning and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence across functions and varying levels of the organization
- Willing to travel domestically up to 30% of the time and attend events outside of business hours (e.g., occasional weekends and evenings)
Benefits and Perks:
Apellis offers a great benefit package which includes: health insurance with full premium coverage, 401K with company match, paid time off (PTO), long- term disability insurance, life insurance and more! Visit https://apellis.com/careers/ to learn more.
At Apellis, we are committed to developing transformative therapies for people living with a broad range of debilitating diseases by controlling complement, part of the body's immune system. Our work is rooted centrally at C3, which is the only target in the complement cascade that addresses all three pathways that can drive disease. Targeting C3 has broad platform potential to treat many diseases where patients have few or no treatment options available. Our programs across ophthalmology, nephrology, hematology, and neurology are further exploring what is possible by targeting C3.
Visit https://apellis.com/about-us/ut.html to learn more.
Apellis is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Apellis strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, marital status, AIDS/HIV status, smoker/nonsmoker, and occupational pneumoconiosis or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.