Job DetailsJob Location
Des Moines Branch - Des Moines, IA
Atlantic Bottling Company is a privately owned, independent bottler and distributor of Coca Cola products for Iowa, parts of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Missouri. Our location in Des Moines, IAis hiring for the Overnight Merchandiserposition. While the qualifications listed below are helpful, no experience is needed. We will train the right candidate! With over 800 employees, we produce over 7 million cases of soda a year. We need you as we are ever-growing!
We proudly offer competitive benefits!
Full time employee benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Basic Life insurance, Short-Term Disability insurance, Long-Term Disability insurance, 401(k) match, Profit Sharing, Fitness Reimbursement, Holiday pay, Vacation leave, Sick pay, free annual Biometric Health Risk Assessment, on-line Employee store, and a host of additional purchasing discounts through our Coca-Cola partners.
Overview/Function: The Merchandiser plays a key role in the sales process of Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company products. They visit customer locations setting out product, rotating new product, and install and maintain point-of-sale displays.
- Follow Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottlings merchandising standards and sales campaign diagrams.
- Set out and rotate products to make visually appealing to consumers and to positively reflect the company and iconic Coca-Cola brand image.
- Act as corporate liaison for sales team and ensure professional contact with customers, while maintaining a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Follow proper rotation procedure for all product areas (i.e. shelving, coolers, displays and back-stock).
- Install and maintain point of sale items such as: discount coupons, channel price tags, display headers, pole signs, static clings, etc.
- Assist Account Manager with price-management issues.
- Communicate timely to the sales/account manager and/or supervisor any account issues or potential opportunities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area while ensuring a safe environment for themselves, customers, and consumers. Keep back stock area organized, clean, and condensed per company and customer standards.
- Regularly perform minor as-needed maintenance on displays, and report escalated repairs to Merchandising Supervisor.
- Other duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent team-player
- Customer-focused with the ability to positively and effectively interact with customers is essential
- Ability to make frequent visits to multiple customer sites each day
- Valid drivers license and dependable transportation
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and effectively solve on-site problems, while under potentially stressful situations
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to varying situations
- Regular, consistent attendance is an essential job function
- The role will travel to various customer sites, as a result each environment will vary.
- Extensive regional day travel is required with this role.
- This position is very active and requires constant standing, walking, pushing, and pulling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and spend their time both on the customer floor and in their back room(s). As a result, they should expect a fast-paced production environment and will frequently lift and/or move items up to 40 pounds. (Moving equipment and tools will be provided to reduce strains and injury.)
- The role is expected to be able to:
- Lift 40 pounds up to shoulder height occasionally.
- Lift up to 20 pounds above the head occasionally.
- Push carts using 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Carry up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- The role will have occasional to frequent twisting, grasping, reaching, bending, kneeling, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing will be required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The role is considered a safety sensitive position.
- Work hours 8pm -6am 4 days/week OR 10pm -6am 5 days/week OR flexible schedule. Additional or alternative days/times may be occasionally needed, depending on customer and/or promotional campaign.
Note: No posting can contain a fully comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this role. Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a dynamic, ever-changing environment requiring flexibility and a willing, team-based attitude. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
To ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and our products, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a drug-free workplace. Employees are subject to pre-employment/post-offer drug and random drug testing.