Sr Manager Software Development
Vanderlande is working towards higher level of standardization in order to better manage future product development, faster time to market, extended service propositions etc. To support this strategy in the Warehousing market, Vanderlande is developing a platform to provide standard, configurable solutions via market leading concepts. Standard, productized software is a key part of this strategy.
The Manager Software Development - NA is responsible for the Higher Level Controls (HLC) teams in Customer Center North America. This leader ensures that the software delivered is of high quality and delivered on time (per commitments), meeting the product requirements/specifications. The Manager of Software Development ensures that the development teams follow best-in-class and standard tools, processes and practices.
Targets and goals of the Manager Software Development - North America:
- Continuous improvement of products and technology
- Harmonization of software technology (convergence) used in the different areas of our HLC business
- Increase competitiveness by providing flexible software products that offer additional value to our customers and to the strategic development of Vanderlande
- Provide the right software products and technology to support Vanderlande's business according to the strategy of Vanderlande (e.g. local implementation)
- Consistent and intentional alignment with global development organization, ensuring that product development is consistent and consumable by the global organization and customers
- Drive best practices and change in the global organization
- Establish and build a development organization to support North American product development, project delivery and life-cycle support
The key responsibilities of this role:
- Managing development teams in different geographic locations
- Building cross-functional SCRUM teams (dev, QA, PO, etc) with ability to scale
- Drive increasing development performance with KPI based metrics around quality, velocity, etc.
- Deliver software with increasing use of automation for testing and delivery
- Ensure transparency and visibility to development progress proactively with rest of organization and with customers
- Drive alignment with global development organization and increase overall R&D capacity by consistent implementation of process, tooling, delivery, etc.
- Ensure teams understand the requirements, design and architecture
- Be Accountable - establish a culture of delivery and accountability in new NA SW development org
- Ensure a continuous focus on productized software delivery
- Bachelor's degree in a technical and/or business field.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in software development in high-end investment goods or solutions
- Experience working with SCRUM teams and Agile Development
- Experience managing 4+ SCRUM teams and 30+ developers
- Experience with enterprise software development
- Experience in translating customer needs into technology with a preference for technology products
- Experience in successfully productizing and commercializing new concepts
- Able to challenge the way things have been done and handled, and to drive change and create focus
- Experience in working with multinational teams within a matrix organization
- Proven analytical, result-driven and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Experience in microservices based architectures
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and cloud based deployments
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-30%)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Creative mindset, strong customer focus
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.