The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic institution of higher education, enrolling about 3,000 students. Located in the City of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital Region, the College is an independent, coeducational institution, with dedicated faculty, administrators, and staff, all focused on transforming the lives of our students. Through a strong liberal education curriculum, and professional programs, Saint Rose serves four-year, transfer and graduate students in undergraduate, graduate degree and advanced certificate programs in four academic schools: Arts and Humanities; Business; Education; and Mathematics and Sciences.
Founded in 1920 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet, the College is proud of its mission of service to the urban community. As an institution that values inclusion, we seek to attract and employ individuals who reflect the cultural diversity found within our student body, and across the nation and globe.
In 2020, the College proudly celebrated its Centennial. Our students, alumni and employees treasure the century of impact Saint Rose has made on the world. Consider becoming an employee who believes in the promise the next 100 years holds for this special institution.
Responsible for full-cycle recruitment utilizing understanding of client department needs and specific talent pools to execute a talent acquisition strategy. Manage a high-volume requisition load, partnering within the organization to execute branding, social media, and diversity outreach. Develop and deliver on-boarding programs and orientation, as well as training regarding the recruitment, selection and hiring process. Research, review, and develop talent acquisition procedures and guidelines.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand and prioritize hiring needs. Develop strong recruitment and selection processes using established methods coupled with creative and innovative techniques and tools.
- Conduct thorough intake session for each assigned search. Work with hiring managers to define search criteria (responsibilities/qualifications) for searched positions and to establish a search process and timeline. Serve as primary administrator of the College's applicant tracking system for resume review and applicant management.
- Develop and maintain diverse applicant pipelines, advertising campaigns and candidate cultivation programs.
- Source potential candidates through online channels, hiring events, social business platforms, and professional networks to ensure rich and diverse candidate pools.
- Review resumes and employment applications. Screen applicants for technical competence, applicable background and skills. Conducts reference checks.
- Consult with managers and hiring committees on recruiting and hiring process, procedures, interview questions, techniques and compliance.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise records within the applicant tracking system and reports concerning all phases of the recruitment process.
- Utilize the applicant tracking system and other sources to generate data regarding the effectiveness of recruiting venues, demographics of applicant pools, time to hire and other recruiting and selection metrics.
- Consult with hiring manager, budget and Director of HR in determining competitive compensation offers.
- Oversee all on-boarding activities and conduct new employee orientation. Recommend modifications to improve the effectiveness of these activities.
- Maintain the institutional data base of job descriptions to ensure all are up-to-date. Conduct occasional research to develop baseline data for new positions.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- At least three years of experience in the field of talent acquisition.
- Demonstrated experience with behavioral/competency-based interview techniques and applicant appraisal.
- Demonstrated experience with contemporary or emerging sourcing and talent pipeline building techniques, including technology/social media.
- Experience developing and implementing strategies to build diverse applicant pools.
- Familiarity with Federal, state, and local employment laws and practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Applicant Tracking System such as Interview Exchange, PeopleSoft, Oracle Taleo, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate effectively with hiring managers, search committees and other organizational constituents.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple searches and projects while demonstrating a sense of urgency, thoroughness, maintaining data integrity, and meeting deadlines
- Experience designing and delivering on-boarding processes is preferred.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, full time, 40 hours per week.
For additional information and application instructions, log on to our website at
The College of Saint Rose Job Posting: Assistant Director of Human Resources-Talent Acquisition (interviewexchange.com)
and open a College of Saint Rose Employment Account today!!!
In addition to a competitive salary, comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA, and wellness programs including the use of our fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other condition established by law.