Apex Clean Energy was founded with a singular focus: to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Through origination, construction, and operation of utility-scale wind, solar, and storage facilities, distributed energy resources, and green fuel technologies, Apex is expanding the renewable frontier across North America. Our mission-driven team of more than 250 professionals uses a data-focused approach and an unrivaled portfolio of projects to create solutions for the world's most innovative and forward-thinking customers. For more information about how Apex is building the energy company of the future, visitapexcleanenergy.com.
Apex strives to excel in every phase of project realization, from origination and financing to construction and asset management. Our mission-driven team seeks determined, resolute individuals who strive to innovate and go above the call of duty, and who will relentlessly do their part to help accelerate the shift to America's clean energy future.
Apex Clean Energy is seeking a professional and experienced Project Scheduler to join our Project Management Department to help drive improvements in the development and management of schedules for our utility-scale renewable energy projects. You will be responsible for developing a consistent project schedule collaboratively with the internal departments, defining the details of a project's timelines through close interaction with the project team and task managers to refine scopes of work, cost timing and identification of variances from the original plan.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in a project controls role managing multiple projects simultaneously. This person will be comfortable developing and managing schedule templates for various project types, experienced in analyzing and measuring project progress, able to drive clarity around activity durations, and have experience ensuring that predecessors and successors are linked properly. This role is responsible for creating and providing reports for senior managers coupled with coordinating with the project managers on a periodic basis.
- Hours: Full Time
- Type: Exempt
- Department: Project Management
- Travel: 0%
- Office Location: Apex's Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop and maintain detailed resource loaded schedules projects using MS Project.
- Utilize scheduling tools in MS Project, Primavera P3 or P6, and MS Excel.
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule, base line, status, and perform measurement baseline.
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports: Gantt, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
- Gather and analyze information to prepare reports on the progress of projects.
- Support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects, including dashboard maintenance.
- Work in collaboration with project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting.
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems.
- Facilitate and participate in schedule reviews.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent with a combination of construction and/or engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience; preferably with a project development, engineering, construction, or manufacturing operations company.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using MS Project, Primavera P3 or P6 and MS Excel.
- Subject matter expert using MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and the supporting detailed schedules.
- Extremely proficient in MS Office.
- Superior interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment.
- Creative and innovative with assignments. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities. Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing and able to work from our Headquarters in Charlottesville, Virginia
- All employees hired after February 1, 2022are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and associate booster vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
Works primarily traditional office hours in an indoor office environment. Flexible work hours allowed when work duties and business operations permit.
How You'll Grow
At Apex Clean Energy, our professional development plans focus on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the dynamic, fast-paced renewable energy industry. From on-the-job learning experiences to a robust multi-week onboarding experience to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What Apex Can Offer You
At Apex Clean Energy, we know that great people make a great company. We value our people and offer employees a broad, best-in-class range of benefits.
- A mission-driven, energetic environment that supports and encourages our people to do their best work every day.
- A respect for and celebration of individuality, differences, and uniqueness
- Collaborative and driven professional workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience, and mentorship
- Training, strategies, and tools to support your personal and professional growth
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as medical and dental; 401(k) with corporate match
- Base and bonus commensurate with experience
- Responsible Paid Time Off plus standard company holidays
- Benefits Offered: comprehensive high-deductible health plans, dental and vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, 401(k) corporate matching, flexible spending arrangements, company paid parking and cell phone, fitness and wellness corporate discounts
Apex Clean Energy, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Videos To Watchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bX1Y37T0I&t=5s