Underwriting Assistant I
**This is a hybrid position and offers the opportunity to work 50% of time remotely and 50% of time in the office.
Assist underwriters in providing service and product expertise to customers and producers, outside insurance consultants, and vendors regarding CM Regent programs, procedures, and practices.
Partner with other underwriting department staff to follow established underwriting processes and procedures, including primary review of key underwriting data, intake of applications, and completion of preunderwriting correspondence to both the producers and Underwriting Supervisor. Coordinate and send proposals for renewal and new business as well as organize and send policies to all designated entities upon issuance.
- Utilize rating software and pricing models to price accounts as assigned and validate key data by account for underwriting purposes.
- Assist in software testing of version updates to the underwriting computer systems.
- Coordinate and communicate data updates to all internal computer systems and database programs to include, but not be limited to, premium bearing endorsements and premium audit endorsements, policy processing, and output management.
- Assist in maintenance of underwriting programs.
- Assist the Underwriting Supervisor in administrative tasks.
- Work with staff members from both the Underwriting and Marketing Departments to coordinate the quoting and sales process for all lines of business.
- Complete necessary customer contact work required for follow-up and data confirmation with school districts, insurance producers, vendors, and consultants for all applications received and proposals generated.
- Conduct limited field activities at the request of the Underwriting Supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of specialized mailings as assigned by the Underwriting Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in insurancerelated field preferred.
- Professionalism, telephone courtesy, attention to details, accuracy, and good proofing skills required.
- Ability to provide support to management level employees as well as work with a high degree of independence.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and manage multiple priorities.
Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.