Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet-and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We've got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington's Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones-and we wouldn't have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we're committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people-and that starts with our employees.Meet The IT Team:
Our team supports the software and hardware that Rover's workforce relies on to do their jobs. Our IT environment is 100% cloud-based with no on-premise servers. Our strategy is to exclusively use cloud-based services to optimize usability, scalability, inter-connectivity, security and cost.Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for a hardworking and team oriented IT Support Specialist to join our IT team at our Seattle, WA office. The Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing software and hardware support to Rover's workforce.
- Ensure Help Desk SLAs and ticket volumes are honored
- Answer, prioritize and resolve incoming Help Desk incidents/requests while providing an outstanding customer experience
- Provide software support, e.g. user account management, troubleshooting, installation and configuration
- Provide hardware support, e.g. laptop provisioning/deprovisioning, break/fix for laptops, A/V equipment, and copiers
- Handle onboard/off-boarding tasks for employee lifecycle
- Build and maintain internal team documentation
- Participate on special IT projects and initiatives
- 1+ years of corporate IT Help Desk experience
- Experience providing hardware and software support primarily on Macs and some Windows laptops
- Experience administering user accounts in Google Workspace
- Experience problem solving basic LAN/WAN networking issues, e.g. DHCP/DNS protocols, VPN configurations and wireless performance issues
- Experience using an IT service management system to manage your work, e.g. Jira Service Management
- Experience with the IT tasks associated with on/off-boarding employees/non-employees
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to occasionally work evenings or weekends and lift and carry IT equipment
- Ability to work on-site in the office location which currently requires COVID vaccination. Accommodations for disability and religious based reasons will be considered consistent with company policy and applicable law
Nice To Have:
- Apple Genius Bar or similar experience
- Experience supporting IT General Controls (ITGC) initiatives related to SOX, PCI, CCPA and/or GDPR regulations
- Knowledge of Linux, iOS or Android troubleshooting
We'll Hire You If:
- Qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- A fast learner that can quickly pick up new technologies
- An excellent support specialist who wants to get even better
- A superb communicator
- Good at embracing a problem, but also knows when to seek help
- A hard worker, but knows how to have tons of fun while doing it!
Benefits Of Working At Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office at this time. All new hires will be expected to work from Seattle on a hybrid schedule once Rover Employees return to office.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We're driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply for this job