IT Incentive Compensation Management Developer
The IT Incentive Compensation Management Developer will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team, providing high-quality development to support UScellular's Incentive Compensation Management platform. This role will be expected to deliver quality solutions as it relates to configuration, plan, feature, component, and calculation changes within the platform. This role supports the entire software development lifecycle.
Candidate will be trained on aspects of the Varicent incentive compensation management system that is currently used by UScellular.
Location Note: This role is available to business offices throughout our operating footprint.
- Build, maintain, and extend data models within the Varicent Incentive Compensation Management platform.
- Execute assigned test cases, including functional and regression testing.
- Refactor and optimize queries utilized within the platform.
- Follow and complete activities within deployment plans, including promotion of objects, components, queries, and plans within the Varicent system.
- Implement well coded and effectively tuned solutions that meet business requirements.
- Support the investigation and troubleshooting of complex business issues, including providing resolution for issues identified within the platform.
- Responsible for working closely with other Incentive Compensation business partners, including Incentive Operations and Systems, to resolve issues raised, including providing timely follow up and resolution.
- Support after-hours or overnight work, including on-call, as required to resolve critical business issues or manage deployments.
- Perform appropriate configuration, plan, component, feature, and related changes to meet business needs and resolve issues.
- Associate's degree in Information Systems, Computer Sciences or other related fields or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years supporting or developing software applications, preferably working on an incentive compensation platform
- Ability to break down complex processes into simple concepts and speak both technically and with business acumen
- Strong business and IT technology experience
- Experience working in all phases of the IT delivery cycle
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong SQL skills, preferably utilizing MySQL
- Experience in Scrum software development
- Python experience
Wisconsin-MADISON_WI, Oklahoma-TULSA_OK, Washington-RICHLAND_WA, Washington-LONGVIEW_WA, Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN, Iowa-URBANDALE_IA, Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL, Missouri-COLUMBIA_MO, Wisconsin-WAUKESHA_WI, Iowa-MARION_IA, North Carolina-GREENVILLE_NC, Virginia-ROANOKE_VA, West Virginia-MORGANTOWN_WV, North Carolina-WILMINGTON_NC, Oregon-MEDFORD_OR, New Hampshire-BEDFORD_NH, Maine-SOUTH PORTLAND_ME
U.S. Cellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.