Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet-and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We've got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington's Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones-and we wouldn't have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we're committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people-and that starts with our employees.Who we're looking for:
As a Business Analyst on the Product Analytics team you will be a partner to Rover's product teams and you will help to ensure that the business is making data driven decisions during all aspects of the product life cycle from early-stage return on investment modeling all the way to designing, executing and analyzing product feature experiments that drive value in Rover's marketplace.
As a Product Analyst you are also a steward of our marketplace performance. You will work with the team to narrate and analyze our marketplace. You are encouraged to identify positive and negative changes in our marketplace while also working with the team to hypothesize and identify the underlying root cause of fluctuations in our metrics. Presenting the trends and the overarching narratives of marketplace performance to the broader organization is encouraged. If there are clear actions that need to be taken to improve marketplace performance a product analyst is empowered and supported in the effort to ensure the right people are in the room to find the right solution. At the end of the day they are passionate about metrics and the performance of the business!
This role has the option to be performed fully remotely, although candidates must be located in one of the following states: WA, CA (except San Francisco), WI, TX, FL, MT
- Partner with the product and design teams to help solve customer problems by supporting a hypothesis and data driven organization.
- Regularly present to senior leadership and the product organization on the trends and insights into the changes in the business. This includes the decomposition of the drivers of those changes and recommendations on actions to improve marketplace performance.
- Support Rover's experimentation process and rhythms. Continue to improve the organization's decision making & product return on investment framework based on methodical testing combined with both quantitative and qualitative measures of customer success.
- 3+ years business experience in Analytics.
- Background in data-informed decision-making and partnering with multi-functional teams.
- Intermediate SQL and data visualization tool experience (e.g. Periscope, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience working side-by-side with coordinated teams of developers, analysts, product managers, and operators as an embedded service partner.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in a two-sided marketplace.
- Familiarity with Python, R, or a similar computational language.
- An understanding of statistics or an ability to learn.
- Experience in split testing and experimentation design.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR ROVER:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you'll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we're pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to COVID-19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We're driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply for this job