Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Certified Nursing Assistant - Edina Specialty Surgery Center
The Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for the delivery of optimum care to patients while in the Pre-Op, PACU, Phase II and OR areas of the surgery center.
This position will work full time out of the Edina Specialty Surgery Center.
- Assists with rooming patients in pre-op, taking vital signs, implementing warming measures and changing clothes. Assists in transferring patients from Phase I to Phase II.
- Assists in patient discharge, patient dressing, assisting to restroom, and transporting to awaiting vehicle.
- Assists in OR/procedure room with taking vital signs, documentation and implementing warming measures, as needed.
- Initiates and independently follows all cleaning checklists and restocking of all patient care and work areas. Assists in maintaining inventory levels throughout the center.
- Floats readily between all areas providing help as needed.
- Prioritizes and provides care based on the individualized plan of care, flexible with staffing needs and assigned duties of the ASC.
- Applies principles of aseptic technique, standard and transmission precautions.
- Assists with data entry as needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of special needs for various age groups including child, adolescent, adult and geriatric when providing perioperative experience. Provides emotional support and comfort for patient/family members, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to maximize patient outcomes and ensure a smooth flow of the surgical experience.
- Accountable for reporting occurrences through the center's established reporting process related to employee and/or patient/visitor events.
- Fosters the developmental and educational process of self, colleagues, orientees and students (includes functioning as a preceptor).
- Participates in acceptable continuing education, fostering career and skill development including meeting departmental continuing education requirements.
- Assists in managing controllable costs by the proper, non-wasteful use of surgery center resources.
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Nursing Assistant Certification required
- Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare Professionals (BLS) or completed upon hire.
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the surgery center during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations - Revo Health's Core Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service - Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality - Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation - Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork - Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- Revo Health is a management services company that partners with multiple healthcare groups to deliver exceptional patient care. This position will be employed through Revo Health, working closely with Infinite Health Collaborative(i-Health) and its operating divisions.
- Revo Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change. Essential and Additional Job Functions are subject to modification.
To remain compliant with CMS regulations, all ASC employees are to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless they have a company approved medical or sincerely held religious belief exemption on file. New employees are required to have at least one dose of a two dose vaccine or their only dose of a one dose vaccine prior to January 27, 2022. Beginning February 28, 2022, new employees will be required to have completed their full COVID-19 vaccine series prior to starting employment and submit proof of vaccination.