The Sales Associate is an ambassador of the Jewish Museum who provides guests with a positive museum and shopping experience. Candidates should truly enjoy proactively interacting with people and have a welcoming, engaging personality. Candidates must be flexible enough to provide both individualized attention for high-end purchases and fast-paced sales during times of increased crowds and holiday shoppers.
Manager Retail Operations / Shop Associate Manager
Part-time; less than 20 hours per week; weekends & events required
- Engage with guests and contribute to a positive museum experience
- Provide exceptional customer service to all guests
- Proactively approach guests and assist with their merchandise selection, including presenting merchandise and effectively communicating product features and stories
- Continually learn about new and existing products to better sell a range of clients
- Execute accurate computer generated point of sale transactions, including capturing guest information for future communications
- Sell Museum Memberships
- Gift wrap and bag customer purchases
- Replenish inventory in shop from stockroom
- Assist with maintaining organization and appearance of shop
- Process phone orders; assist with processing web and other special orders
- Participate in annual year-end inventory in June
- Help with special events as needed
- High-end retail experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate, with knowledge of Retail Pro or similar POS computer program preferred
- Knowledge of Judaica a plus
- Interest in art and cultural institutions
- Works well within a team
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, Sundays, and some holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and handle light lifting
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Center for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis)
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is committed to diversifying its staff and encourages individuals of all abilities and ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds to apply for this position. The Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic prohibited by applicable law.
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.