Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
NB1148 - Portfolio Manager
Northfield Bank is a full service bank with 38 branch locations throughout New Jersey and Staten Island and Brooklyn, New York. With a history dating back to 1887, our growth continues through expansion of our presence in local communities and in our Product and Service offerings. Over 300 employees with diverse backgrounds and cultures have come together to make Northfield Bank what it is today. The Bank believes in providing all employees with the opportunity to reach their career potential and encourages advancement within the organization. For more information, please visit www.eNorthfield.com
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Job Location: Avenel - New Jersey
Primary responsibility is to administer loans originated by the Commercial Loan Office focusing on maintenance of existing client portfolio, performing annual and quarterly reviews as needed, ensuring all loan payments are current, and initiating risk rating changes to existing loans. Customer contact will be required.
- Monitor loan portfolio by examining loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to prevent and/or reduce past due accounts
- Maintain ongoing contact with lending customers to provide exceptional customer service, keep abreast of latest developments in customers' financial and business condition, and collect updated financial statements/documentation for renewals and reviews
- Perform financial analysis of customers' financial statements for quarterly and annual reviews, including evaluating customers' ability to repay and making recommendations to management on structure of loan
- Coordinate with the SVP in restructuring loans to control delinquency and minimize losses
- Initiate discussion with area manager for possible risk rating changes to loans in portfolio due to positive or negative events/trends encountered
- Assist in payment collection efforts, including maintaining updates to collection system records.
- May participate in completion of analysis and applications for loan modifications, renewals and small new business loans
- Partner with Lending Officers in business development efforts based on customer need
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive business and client information
- Compliance with all relevant Bank policies and procedures
- May require occasional travel for business meetings or training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field required
- Credit Training for continuous learning preferred
- 3+ years' experience in Banking or lending related fields required
- Financial analytical and underwriting skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
**Northfield Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer