Lead Software Engineer - Platform
Baltimore, MD or Remote
# of Openings:
Join Audacious and become part of a team developing applications that are changing healthcare across the country. Seriously! Our engineers design and develop solutions that improve healthcare outcomes and enable healthcare professionals to do their jobs more efficiently and effectively. If you are looking for a career with room for advancement and professional growth, in a fun and collaborative environment, that also makes a difference to your community, look no further.
We will consider applicants outside of the Baltimore area who wish to work remotely for this position.
What You'll Do:
We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer with SaaS experience focused on leading our Platform Team.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the Platform team you will:
What You'll Need:
- Lead our platform development consisting of common services, libraries, and tools to make product development and delivery easier at Audacious
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code/scripts/configurations
- Design and own CI pipelines to allow for continuous integration.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, distribute knowledge, and provide actionable feedback to the rest of the development team.
- Develop deep understanding of our SaaS products to mature our platform offerings
- Proactively participate in resolving ongoing incidents, as needed
- Incorporate considerations for business context, failure modes, monitoring, compliance, and security in the Platform team's work products
- Design and develop innovative solutions that solve tough challenges in the industry.
- Maintain high quality work products.
- Manage multiple job duties through efficient task management.
- Communicate effectively with business partners and clients when needed.
...and if you also have any of the following, even better!
- Passion to build a world class team that embraces software development best practices to build a best-in-class SaaS platform that serves the health care industry.
- 10+ years of development experience as with 3+ years focused on SaaS platform development.
- Experience designing, debugging, and running fault-tolerant, highly available, large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with public cloud platforms (we primarily use AWS)
- Proficiency with containers, Kubernetes, serverless (e.g. AWS Lambda) and Terraform
- Experience with common CI tools (we primarily utilize GitLab Pipelines) and secure software development tools (e.g. Sonarqube)
- Comfortable with Linux and shell scripting
- Great analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Desire to work in a highly-collaborative, distributed environment
What Makes You a Great Fit for Audacious Inquiry:
- Experience working in environments leveraging several programming environments
- Experience interfacing with clients.
- Experience in a healthcare or public health environment
- Familiarity with standards like HL7, CCD/CCDA, DIRECT, IHE, MDM
What Audacious Inquiry Offers:
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things, taking on new challenges, and continually improving.
- You thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment.
- You are solution-driven with an ability to understand the big picture
- You have great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have strong communication skills and an ability to synthesize information.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
- Working with and learning from the top talent in the healthcare IT industry in the US - we are thought leaders in health information technology and policy. Our team is passionate about making healthcare more connected and we love to share our knowledge and learn from each other.
- Making a real difference in the healthcare industry on a large scale and improving healthcare outcomes for individual patients - you'll get to work on really cool projects and feel good about the work you're doing. Check out the case studies on our website for examples!
- Performance bonuses - we ask for high performance from our team and we make sure to recognize and reward high performance with competitive compensation and annual bonuses.
- Growth and professional development - we're invested in every Audacious team member and we encourage our team to pursue opportunities to grow their skills, and make sure you have a path for growth at Audacious that you're excited about.
- Benefits and perks - we cover the full cost of health insurance for employees and most of the cost for dependents, along with a full suite of benefits, including 401k matching, monthly wellness bonuses, cell phone reimbursement, paid time off, and a lot more.
- Our culture - this is one of the best things about working with Audacious Inquiry, and one of the things we're most proud of. We're inclusive, we're collaborative, we're supportive, and it's fun here! Check out our careers page and our social media for some recent examples.
The Lead Software Engineer, Platform position may include access to protected health information (PHI) and confidential information. The successful candidate will be required to complete training and must handle all PHI appropriately according to Audacious policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
Audacious Inquiry is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Audacious provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class status.
Apply for this Position