ABOUT THE ROLE
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for compiling data,
computing fees and charges, and preparing invoices for billing
purposes. Other duties include computing costs and calculating rates
for foods, services, and/or shipment of goods, posting data, and
keeping other relevant records.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO AT G&A
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record
amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping
other records concerning client deliverables.
- Keep records of invoices and other support documents.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Answer email or phone inquiries regarding rates, routing, and/or procedures.
- Record incoming electronic payments an dprocess and record
manual deposits daily.
- Reconcile and record commissions on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for collection activities on various customers.
Research past due invoices and assist in resolving any invoicing descrepancies.
- All other duties as assigned.
WHY WORK AT G&A?
Who wouldn't want to work for a company that...
- supports community involvement
- prioritizes diversity, equity and belonging
- invests in your future
- gives 10% of profits back into the community
We work hard to serve our clients, colleagues and community, but we
also know it's important to celebrate the wins, learn from our
losses (and from each other) and grow together in our differences.
That's why we are committed to nurturing our people in their
personal and professional growth, both in the office and in life.
Ready to take your career adventure to new heights? Apply
today and see for yourself why we've been consistently named to the
Best Places to Work in Indiana.
Experience and Skills:
Years of Experience:
License, Certification, or Registration:
- API, AIC, PLCS, CRM, or ARM desired
- Previous experience within an independent agency environment a plus
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, express enthusiasm, and
be flexible desired
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team recommended
- A full understanding of general accounting practices and
principles is required.
- 1-5 years of accounts receivable related work experience is recommended.
- Good organizational, verbal, and written communication skills necessary.
- Ability to utilize computer programs and understand functionality required.
Oh, and we don't just build the best benefits programs for our
clients - we also give our colleagues the best. Some of the sweet
benefits you'll enjoy include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k, Roth Option & Matching
- Flexible PTO
- Holidays + Extended Holiday Weekends where applicable
- Remote Work Options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mental Health Sessions
- Company Matching Donations
- Tuition Reimbursement
- STD/LTD Disability
- Basic Life Insurance