Under the direction of Senior Executive Assistantthe Administrative Assistant provides administrative assistance for members of senior leadership and on occasion, assists other Department and Program Managers, and assists in managing the administrative aspects of the Executive Office.
- Uses organizational and writing skills to accurately prepare and maintain a variety of documents and files
- Accurately drafts routine correspondence, edits and/or types correspondence and other documents
- Utilizes software applications, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and other graphic programs to create graphs, tables, and other documents
- Conducts and supports special projects, as directed
2. Accurately assists in areas relating to budgets and finance
- Processes and maintains expense records, invoices and documents and keeps files updated
3. Provides support to multiple senior leaders
- Answers, screens, prioritizes and routes or takes messages from incoming calls as appropriate
- Manages several senior level schedules as assigned and provides cross-coverage support to other executive assistants
- Prioritizes incoming mail and processes accordingly
- Manages multiple priorities and deadlines
4. Accurately performs a variety of tasks related to the smooth functioning of the Executive Office
- Coordinates inventory and replenishing of office supplies
- Schedules meeting rooms and provides related logistics which may include notifying participants,ordering food and coordinating internal IT and Facilities staff as needed
- Processes travel/conference arrangements and prepares post-travel expenses
- Provides non-technical back-up troubleshooting for computer, copier and other hardware systems
- Faxes and photocopies as necessary
- Attend meetings to record meeting minutes as needed.
- Assists in the planning and follow-up of meetings and events as assigned
- Assists in developing and maintaining up-to-date office management policies and procedures
5. Meets Agency Participatory Expectation
- Adheres to all agency and departmental policies and procedures
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities as requested
- Adheres to the highest principles of patient and client confidentiality
- Adheres to established safety policies, procedures and precautions; identifies potential or actual unsafe situations in the environment and takes measures to rectify the situation
- Attends all required meetings, in-services and professional trainings
- Maintains professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities; maintains and provides agency with records of continuing education activities
- Serves on agency committees and in professional organizations when requested
6. Perform related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education or experience required
- 3-5 years work experience, with a minimum of two years experience with general administrative and office duties required
- Office management experience at a senior level strongly preferred
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write, format and proofread letters and documents; familiarity with office correspondence format
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and to interact courteously and professionally with staff, other professionals and the public
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway's efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.