For the past 65 years, Bouthillette Parizeau (BPA), the consulting engineering firm specializing in buildings, has been renowned for its achievements in creating highly technical and high-performance projects, integrating best practices in sustainable development and energy efficiency.
BPA is experiencing rapid organizational growth and recruiting talented people to actively participate in its success in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
BPA is currently seeking an Electrical technologist at our Edmonton office.
- Provide the coordination, verification, and design of electrical building systems in various sectors (institutional, office, commercial, cultural and residential)
- Take part in existing condition surveys, develop design plans with AutoCAD and Revit, prepare section of specifications and cost estimates, and provide work supervision
- Work on electrical distribution systems, emergency power supply, lighting, fire alarm and other related systems
- Design electrical building systems
- Participate in the preparation of budget estimates
- Work closely with engineers to provide solutions tailored to clients' needs.
- Supervise junior technologists
- Perform other related duties as required
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Registered as T.T. or C.E.T. with ASET
- Five years of experience in consulting engineering in a similar role
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code and applicable building and energy codes
- Knowledge of local utility and local City standards
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Travel to site, class 5 driving licence and ability to travel by air
- Occasional additional availability over and above regular working hours
- Physical mobility: walking up and down stairs, pulling and pushing objects weighing 5 kg
What we offer
- Be part of a growing company with a significant societal impact
- Growth opportunities in an active hub of technical experts where cutting-edge technology and sharing of knowledge by osmosis is valued (learning organisation concept)
- A compressed year-round schedule that makes finishing your week on Friday at noon a possibility
- Competitive total compensation (salary, benefits, continuing education, etc.) and other benefits
- Recognized and paid overtime (bank time or $)
- Possibility to work remotely
- Parking available
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees as well as training and professional development activities
- A professional and inclusive environment that values performance, expertise, and collaboration
To apply, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bouthillette Parizeau welcomes and encourages applications form people with disabilities. Accomodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to thank all those who applies to this position. However, only the selected candidates will be contacted.