Temporary Registered Nurse-Actively Recruiting
2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
Position shifts are determined by business needs.
This position may come into contact with COVID positive and negative individuals.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks aTemporary Registered Nurseto work collaboratively within an Integrated Health Care for the Homeless team. The RN in this position is responsible for performing both independent and delegated duties in the provision of providing comprehensive health care to all patients who present to Stout Street Health Center (SSHC), which is part of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (CCH). This position is located at 2130 Stout Street and reports to the Nurse Manager.
NOTE:In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date.The credentialing andprivilegingtimeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance.Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We're proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides skilled nursing care according to accepted community standards of quality healthcare.
- Provides patient-centered care within an integrated, trauma-informed, harm-reduction model
- Performs quick and accurate triage assessments with appropriate recommendations of care as outlined in SSHC nursing protocols via telephone or in-person.
- Empowers patients by providing appropriate health education and information, including but not limited to addressing common chronic and acute health conditions in this population, such as diabetes management, hypertension management, nutrition, wound care, and disease prevention.
- Administers medications in a safe, evidence-base manner following written protocols or direct provider order, including but not limited to immunizations, antibiotics, insulin, normal saline, Depo-Provera and testosterone injections.
- Enters patient data and numbers and retrieve that data on a weekly basis for analysis with the Nurse Manager, Director of Nursing, Medical Director, and Revenue Cycle team as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care teams including but not limited to medical assistants, primary care medical providers, behavioral health providers, psychiatric providers, peer specialists, dental assistants and hygienists, pharmacists, patient navigators, case managers, client access representatives, inventory and lab coordinators, and nurse educators.
- Coordinates care with internal programs including but not limited to Health Outreach Program, Housing First, Assertive Community Treatment, Respite, and Medication Assisted Treatment Program.
- Provides treatment services such as case management, crisis services, initial intake program screenings, individual medication assisted treatment (MAT) counseling, and administering scales to assess withdrawal, as a member of an OBH licensed Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment team.
- Provides transitional, chronic, and complex care management.
- Provides nursing services as needed for CCH programs external to SSHC, including but not limited to, Health Outreach, Samaritan House, Beacon, and Hospital-based Respite and TCM, West End Health Center, Fort Lyon, Housing First, and SIB.
- Documents appropriately in Safetyzone for internal reporting of client or staff events.
- Completes required onboarding, orientation, annual competencies, and assigned continuing education.
- Participates in team-based or interdisciplinary quality improvement initiatives.
- Attends required disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, suite, quality improvement, and all-staff meetings.
- Maintains EHR core competencies:
Maintains current and complete COVID-19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Records complete and pertinent patient information into Nextgen in appropriate templates for communications (telephone template), nursing visits (billable nursing services), nurse-supported provider-visits and co-visits (shared visits with providers), and skilled nursing services (procedures, education, etc.) within provider visits.
- Uses inbox to manage tasks.
- Records vital signs and updates allergies in Nextgen.
- Completes HPI, ROS, Assessment, and SOAP note for submission of superbill in Nextgen to billing for RN services.
- Enters immunizations into Nextgen.
- Utilizes EHR appropriate workflows to provide bi-directional communication with CIIS.
- Ability to enter current patient medications and sig into the medication template as well as performing medication reconciliation under SOAP template as needed.
- Maintains EPM core competencies if indicated and follows standards of scheduling and patient check-in provided by Operations Manager
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.Employee will perform job according to applied laws.The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- AD, BSN, or MSN in nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Current licensure from the State of Colorado to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Successful completion of the privileging and credentialing process for RNs at the Coalition.
- Preferred experience in ambulatory, public or community nursing.
- Preferred experience in mental health, emergency room, urgent care, or critical care.
- Bilingual, English-Spanish preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
- 2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA
Share this job: