- Summit, IL, USA
- Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Who We Are:
ACH Food Companies, Inc. (ACH) is a prominent consumer packaged goods company. In North America, we market, sell and manufacture a premier branded portfolio of cooking oils and baking ingredients and foodservice brands in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.
We are passionate about our business and we value personal accountability, creativity, and we focus on results. Our authentic and inspiring leaders support and challenge you to cause extraordinary performance, where you're rewarded for both 'what' you achieve and 'how' you achieve it. We love celebrating our people for their contribution to business results and living our values. We believe in doing the right thing for our employees, customers and communities.
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager, this position is responsible for the direct supervision of the hourly work force. Other responsibilities include, managing receipt and storage of packaging supplies. Manage Live truckload and rail shipments of finished product to customers and distribution centers.
What You'll Do:
- Communicate with packaging personnel, production planning, and operational services to perform duties.
- Report daily on production packed to verify package department reports.
- Direct hourly work force on the proper loading / unloading and inspection of finished goods and packaging. The safe and proper delivery of finished goods and packaging supplies throughout the warehouse and packaging lines.
- Segregate per the quality hold procedure any off-grade products.
- FIFO of finished warehouse production.
- Oversee proper trailer shipments of finished product to customers.
- Maintain truck demurrage at lowest level within established controls.
- Process raw material and packaging receipts in the SAP system.
- Process all Bill of Ladings (BOL's) for outbound shipments.
- Coordinate traffic flow for all dock doors for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Verify daily reports of what is in both the warehouse or on trucks on the lot.
- Maintain warehouse area at acceptable level of housekeeping.
- Compare materials and ingredients against Lift Operator source documents. Verifies count if there is a discrepancy.
- Review invoicing issues with accounting and purchasing.
- Enter as required: production reporting; interplant information; shipments into SAP from Lift Operator source documents and processes paperwork for truck drivers; receives into SAP purchasing information.
- Work with forklift drivers to troubleshoot RF equipment / loading issues, and creates tags when needed.
- Turn in maintenance and repair orders as needed and make recommendations for budget.
- Apply union contract and company policy provisions fairly. Administer disciplines when necessary.
- Administer the HSE programs and corrects unsafe practices or conditions. Complies with OSHA and ACH standards in all operations.
- Support and maintain compliance with the plant HACCP plan, GMPs and all Food Safety & Security policies and procedures.
- This position is a 3-shift backup coverage for Warehouse Supervisor, Inventory and Traffic Associates.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Three to five years of supervisory background in shipping and/or warehousing. Candidate must be familiar with production machines and have the knowledge of how they operate in order to promote productivity and safety.
- Individual must be PC literate, have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Professional series. Basic data entry skills required.
- Knowledge of SAP WM/IM or other equivalent, Yard Management Systems, and RF equipment required.
- Ability to obtain Hand and Lift Truck certification.
- Occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high places and fumes or airborne particles.
- Ability to lift-up to 25 pounds as required.
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive PPO Medical Plan
- Free Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching Program
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Athletic Trainer
ACH Food Companies, Inc.