This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital - a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
***Please note role can be Halifax, NS or Orlando, FL based.***The Workstation Tower Administrator position is responsible for administering services, technology, and operations within their assigned functional areas in support of our business partner's expectations from an availability, reliability, scalability, security, audit and cost perspective. This includes managing day-to-day operations and project activities within their towers, in conjunction with our Outsourcing Suppliers.RESPONSIBLITIES:
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Build and maintain productive relationships within AXIS, the Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing (ITO) supplier, and other suppliers to enable the objectives of the Workstation tower to be fully realized.
- Support the achievement of service levels and metrics-based performance in collaboration with the Outsourcing Suppliers
- Provide technical guidance, disciplined judgement, and oversight of Infrastructure Operations activities related to Service Operations, including incidents, problems, service requests, change management, and Projects within the Workstation tower
- Promptly respond and resolve inquiries and escalations. Ensure systemic issues are identified and remedial actions are taken to prevent future occurrences.
- Assist in the planning and oversight of change management activities
- Working outside of regular hours may be required, primary time-zone worked will be Eastern US
- Partner with ITO suppliers and the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) to adequately plan and deliver business and Infrastructure initiated projects that involve aspects of their towers.
- Collaborates with the Infrastructure Architecture, Operations, Project Management, and Application teams to properly forecast future demand and drive the appropriate actions to fulfill these needs.
- Assists in the development of and ensures the Supplier is adhering to agreed refresh strategies
- Manage operations pertaining to the Workstation tower that are under a Managed Services agreement with the Supplier
- Drive a service-oriented culture across all activities
- Provide support and oversight of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity activities for their tower
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of Knowledge Artifacts for the Workstation tower, such as documentation, technical standards, operational procedures, workarounds, and technical drawings
- Ensures adherence to enterprise IT policies and procedures
The successful candidate will possess the following:
REQUIRED technology experience includes:
- 8+ years of Infrastructure Technology experience with a primary emphasis on relevant technologies in Workstation services.
- Experience supporting infrastructure service delivery with outsourcing partners
- Provide technical guidance for the Ivanti Endpoint Manager platform, the User Workspace Manager, and Environment Manager platforms, acting as a subject matter expert.
- Proven ability to build and leverage productive relationships
- Experience interfacing with business partners and performing technology problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution
- Expert troubleshooting skills including SSO troubleshooting
- Expert in producing documentation for transition of project to BAU
- Ability to pick up new technologies and adapt them to our needs with little to no assistance.
- Ability to manage large volumes of tasks and competing priorities
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to complex problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Azure VM management and maintenance
- VMware V-Sphere knowledge
- Expert LANDesk (EPM version 2017, 2019, 2020) or SCCM / Microsoft Endpoint Manager skills
- Strong User Workspace Manager (UWM version 10), Environment Manager (Version 10), and Application Manager (version 10) skills.
- Expert Knowledge in Group Policy Objects and implementation of ADMX templates.
- Proficient PowerShell scripting capability
- Desktop security options and alternatives including Anti-Virus, Application management, and Encryption management
- Performance monitoring, tuning, and reporting using End User Management monitoring tools
- Management experience of Apple Mac platforms
- JAMF experience is a plus
- Nexthink experience is a plus