Are we a match?
Are you looking for the perfect work home? Interestingly, we want to provide a perfect work home for someone who enjoys approaching challenges with a dedicated team!
- Does the thought of working at an innovative and tech savvy organization with big goals excite you?
- Do you have a knack for helping and supporting others in using available technology in new ways to improve efficiencies and delight customers, both internal and external?
- Is project management something that is in your DNA? Do you love diving into the details, working with others, and launching new software and initiatives?
- Are you skilled at approaching challenges with innovation solutions, a positive attitude, and an open mind?
You're still looking at the posting...great! Let's dive into some perks that ITC provides (they're pretty great if we do say so ourselves!) and then explore the nitty gritty.
WE MIGHT HAVE WHAT YOU'RE INTO
At ITC, you will enjoy paid time off, holidays, health insurance with very competitive contributions and three plans to choose from, dental insurance, life insurance, a 100% vested 401k with match, short term disability, education reimbursement, performance incentive program, employer sponsored community involvement opportunities, company events, ITC Well-Being program, employee assistance program, and voluntary benefit programs such as vision, long term disability, and additional life insurance. You want to learn, grow and advance in your career. That is why each employee gets 12 hours annually of paid job enhancement training completed during the working day.
We understand family commitments may lead to work interruptions. At ITC, you will have the flexibility to take care of important family matters. Want to work part of the week at home in yoga pants? We get it. We offer hybrid work opportunities for our office team.
Fun and Respectful Culture
Our team loves working hard ... and having fun! Laughter is our favorite. We host frequent small events and aren't afraid of a party here and there. ITC is big on being respectful and ensuring an environment free of any kind of discrimination or exclusion. But wait...there's more! ITC also teaches and uses the 5 Languages of Appreciation so we can recognize people the way that works best for them. We often hear it's our culture that keeps people here. It's kind of a big deal!
Now that we have talked about all of the great things about ITC, HR requires we include the specific job responsibilities.
ABOUT THE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR JOB
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR SUMMARY
The System Administrator assists with the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Systems Administrator helps plan, coordinate, direct and design IT/IS-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The Systems Administrator works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization including data management and integrity. The Systems Administrator also offers suggestions for IT policies, procedures and best practices for the entire organization.
THE CORE DUTIES OF THE SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Determines the goals and objectives of IT within broad outlines provided by executive management and provides necessary technical leadership and project coordination.
- Prepares long- and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them; ensures responsiveness of long-range plans to corporate objectives.
- Sets and ensures compliance (in both. the US and China) to policies including Computer Acceptable Use policy, Approved Software list and Hardware Standard list.
- Manages all aspects of cyber security, keeping up with latest best practices recommendations from the industry
- Provides robust data support for decision making throughout the organization, and works closely with business intelligence team to provide data views anticipating organization needs as they arise and as new technologies in data management emerge.
- Manages outside vendor contracts and activities including (but not limited to) managed service provider, phone vendor, and managed print services.
- Manages financial aspects of the IT department including purchasing, expense and CapEx budgeting and interdepartmental IT budget requirements and review.
- Benchmarks, analyzes, reports on, and makes recommendations for adequate technology infrastructure and systems for all ITC departments and locations.
- Manages ITC ERP and related systems.
- Manage Help Desk function (internally and/or with MSP)
- Maintains ITC data integrity and manage ITC data systems.
- Manages training and education protocol for technology users, in one-on-one and/or classroom settings, related to effective use of PC's, software applications as well as updating ITC personnel on future trends in the technology sector.
- Acts as program manager on all new software implementations or upgrades, ensuring the correct team members are involved and that deliverables and timelines are met.
- Keeps current with the latest technologies and maintains an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Assists in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Responsible for asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replaces defective components when necessary.
- Ensures 24 hour performance monitoring of computer systems and networks is in place.
- Analyzes equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Maintains logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Maintains an inventory of parts for emergency repairs as well as new placements.
- Other duties as assigned.
ITC Incorporated is a dynamic, evolving company that has grown our innovative technology and LED capabilities with collections of products, including several for industries that include Marine, RV, Automotive, Architectural, Workplace Interiors, and Specialty Vehicles.
ITC provides full-service engineering, development, sourcing, supply chain management, and manufacturing with our cross-functional global team to provide our customers with value, quality, and on-time results.
Want more info? Visit our website to apply today.
JOB DESIRABLES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of network systems management experience required.
- ERP experience (SyteLine ERP experience is a plus)
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows server environment
- Knowledge of Firewalls, WiFi access points and other networking equipment
- Macintosh computer knowledge
- Windows operating systems
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to interface with and communicate IT concepts to other business departments
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
- Understanding of manufacturing and distribution business models is a plus
- Ability to influence, lead, and delegate
- Ability to provide customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Please see job description