Accounts Assistant/Payroll job in West Thurrock Essex
Payroll / Accounts
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the finance team within a successful and well-established company in West Thurrock. Working with a desirable and prestigious brand, this is an excellent opportunity for any individual who is aspiring to join a leading local business which is still privately owned.
To work alongside the existing accounting team of seven and report to the Group Accountant, the successful candidate's core duties will include the following, but will evolve and widen as the individual develops in line with business aspirations and requirements:
- Organisation of the Managing Directors' diary, to include the scheduling of national and international dealer meetings.
- Responsibility for the weekly payroll run for circa 65 employees, including review of all new starters and leavers.
- Timely resolution of invoice queries through communication with suppliers and internal managers.
- Maintaining accurate and timely filing of invoices and associated documents.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with suppliers and colleagues.
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly KPI reports.
- Aged debtor and creditor reporting, together with the maintenance of daily financial controls, reporting and compliance.
- Processing a high volume of purchase ledger invoices.
- Identifying, investigating and correcting any anomalies.
- Assisting staff in any other duties that maybe required throughout the financial year, including collating financial information required at short notice.
The Position will be 37 Hour Working Week - Monday to Friday. In return, we offer a premium salary and 20 days holiday (rising to 25 after qualifying service) plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.