BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Create and own a product concept from definition to deployment; helping to maintain product focus and vision. Drive the overall product creation process from conception and business case through each phase until product launch. Work with cross-functional teams to keep needed creative, technical, and business focus. The Manager of Product Development is recognized as the principle resource and business owner for product strategy, information, and decisions.
FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
1. Drive the definition, development, and delivery of the product(s) following the RouteOne systems lifecycle process.
2. Identify dealership and finance source problems through market research including visits to dealer and finance source customers.
3. Translate dealer and finance source needs into clearly defined and detailed product requirements; identify and resolve issues with key internal, customer, and partner stakeholders.
4. Develop business plans for new products and product enhancements to ensure they align with the goals of the organization.
5. Ensure profitable decisions for the organization by providing support for the financial aspects of product development.
6. Develop and maintain long-term product roadmaps.
7. Create and maintain competitive / strategic analysis matrix for assigned products.
8. Ensure product objectives are met across organization through management of a team of Product Owners, including monitoring work flow, meeting deadlines, and addressing issues as well as identifying and mitigating risks.
9. Develop and implement go-to-market plan, coordinating with all departments to achieve a successful launch.
10. Responsible for appropriate communication and coordination across products and departments and within the organization. Coordinate, facilitate, and conduct regular project reviews with each stakeholder across the organization.
11. Support dealer and finance source sales efforts as needed for assigned projects (including creation of sales materials and delivery of presentations).
12. Manage vendor relationships and support contract negotiations when necessary.
13. Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
1. 7+ years of overall experience with 4+ years of experience in Product Management.
2. B.S. in Computer Science or related work experience in a software development environment.
3. Familiar with agile software implementation methodologies.
4. Strong knowledge of automotive financing dealer and lender processes.
5. Experience in owning and managing projects, displaying strong leadership and facilitation skills.
6. Problem solver with a strong solution / implementation focus.
7. Fluency with project management tools (MS Project) and with project management methodologies.
8. Self-motivated, self-directed, and politically astute; able to communicate effectively with all levels of enterprise and partner organizations.