Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Trade Compliance Analyst
The primary role of the Trade Compliance Specialist/Analyst is focused in two areas: first to lead and support the various trade compliance functions. Secondly, to support/provide oversight of the foreign trade activities within our North American Distribution Center. These activities include: FTZ software transactions oversight, and daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reporting/filing requirements, assisting with product classification, US First Sale administration, auditing entries, commercial invoice and other trade compliance activities New Era Cap participates in. This position interfaces with various group internally within New Era Cap, New Era's third-party Distribution and Logistics partners, and CBP.
- Monitor distribution center site activity related to physical product receipts, shipping, customs clearance, and inventory movements to ensure timely and accurate processing according to FTZ protocol.
- Perform daily review of system transactions between 3PL warehouse management systems, New Era ERP system, and FTZ inventory records.
- Report and assist in the immediate trouble-shooting of any processing delays, errors, or exceptions that occur in the distribution operation or inventory systems.
- Oversee 3PL site management team to ensure compliance with all building security and personnel management procedures.
- Maintain and pay all applicable applications, permits, reports, and fees regarding the FTZ.
- Review and approve ACH statements for payment of customs duties.
- Process 3461 estimates and monitor the transmission of FTZ entries.
- Identify new procedures and methods to expedite clearance of imports, deliveries, and cost saving plans for the efficient and compliant operation of the import and trade compliance departments.
- Support and assist with key trade compliance activities to include, but not limited to: US First Sale administration, product classification, entry audits, commercial invoice review, trade compliance manual update/management, and other trade compliance activities as defined.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors
- Knowledge/experience with SAP preferred.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to accuracy of processes and information reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working relationships
- Experience administering a Foreign Trade Zone.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple functional areas.
- Ability to quickly, and firmly, interact with 3PL management to address procedural issues or problems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or a related field required. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience within trade compliance required.
- Experience with US First Sale, product classification, consumer products focused business, & working in a distribution environment preferred but not required
- Experience with Integration Point Software preferred but not required
- 10% travel primarily between distribution center in Carlisle, PA and New Era HQ in Buffalo, NY