Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
We're looking for a Story Manager to prioritize the well-being of our team!
This individual is responsible for ensuring project quality and the well-being of team members by managing a group of writers and narrative coordinators across multiple projects. The role provides a critical component of the studio's mission to create games that have a positive and lasting impact on players' lives by helping foster an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and positivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises direct reports on the story team, and participates in strategy and decision-making as a member of the department's leadership group
- Meets regularly with team members to offer guidance, provide constructive feedback, conduct performance assessments, and facilitate the team's best work
- Manages the career growth and development of direct reports
- Evaluates team members' goals and objectives and ensures that department goals are being met
- Drives the hiring and onboarding of new team members
- Advocates for studio cultural values and fosters an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and inclusion
- Assists the Director of Story Management with project staffing, hiring, and onboarding
- Works with Department Head and Story Leads to develop, refine, and document best practices
- Fosters a safe work environment by ensuring all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately
- Proactively seeks training opportunities to support the development of team members at the group or individual level
- Regularly plays games in development and reviews scripts to provide feedback and help identify opportunities for craft development
- Participates in writer's room sessions for brainstorming, story development, and narrative problem solving
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises a team of writers and narrative coordinators on various projects. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Eight plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Shipped a AAA game in a writer role preferred. Experience in a lead role preferred.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Final Draft and/or other screenwriting software.
- Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
- Deep knowledge of the principles of writing, performance, and design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment.
- Sets a good example as a communicator, collaborator, and teammate, both internally and across disciplines.
Does this sound like you? Submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your submission!