The Recreation Coordinator - Teen, under supervision of the Youth Services Manger, is responsible for developing, organizing and directing the operations, and activities for Pleasant Hill Recreation Teen events, volunteer programs and camps. The Coordinator will also collaborate directly with Marketing Department to identify program promotional needs and will be tasked with implementation.
This position is highly visible in the community and requires someone with outstanding interpersonal skills, political acumen and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. The Coordinator must also remain professional at all times and be able to handle conflict well. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and have natural leadership abilities.
• Identifies the recreation and educational needs for youth/teen programs and other special events by surveying the community, teens & parents, civic groups, and the Teen Council; establishing meetings with groups and related agencies.
• Evaluates cost effectiveness of programs and facilities and suggests improvements
• Conduct monthly registration and collect program fees for Teen Center Afterschool Program.
• Oversee Pleasant Hill Teen Council. Supervise bi-monthly meetings, volunteer assignments and service projects.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, volunteers, reviewing work results.
• Ensure all safety policies are followed to ensure a safe environment for participants.
• Assist with program budget.
• Administer Teen Center Afterschool Program, Summer & Break Camps, and Teen special events.
• Interact with parents, school personnel, and community to keep them informed, answer questions, and address concerns.
• Assist in hiring and training of program staff and volunteers.
• Maintain professional and technical recreational knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Develop, implement and evaluate innovative programs effectively.
• Supervise and motivate participants, part-time personnel and volunteers.
• Communicate effectively with Town officials, the public, and the media.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
• Monitor program budget.
• Work flexible hours, including nights and/or weekends, as needed.
APPLY VIA EMAIL TO: Katrina Hunn firstname.lastname@example.org Submit letter of intent with District Application and resume.
FILING DEADLINE: May 13, 2022 at 5:00 PM