Software Development Manager
- Recruitment effort and hiring of R&D Team-members. Conduct technical, behavior, situational interviews as necessary for positions across R&D organization
- Encourage professional development, and ensure the presence of appropriate training initiatives, within the development team
- Assist in removing or improving organizational impediments to flow and value delivery
- Provide guidance and clarification regarding the Agile Mindset and Scrum Practices
- Provide guidance for all phases of SDLC implementation including design, coding, testing, and analysis of programs and applications
- Promote continued learning and self-organization
- Develop team members through Intent Based Leadership, guiding them through the different levels of autonomy by growing their competency and clarity of organizational vision
- Oversee the project status reporting process
- Monitor development projects to ensure adherence to established objectives, timelines, and best practices
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine strategic software development
- Conduct performance appraisals, and provide coaching and mentoring, to software
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science, Information
- 5 plus years of experience in Software
- Ability to manage high-performance development
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills, including an ability to thrive in a team-based
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects across several development
- Ability to effectively address shifting priorities and demands in a deadline driven
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- Proven project management skills in the context of software
- Previous experience in the healthcare IT industry desired, but not required.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Our team builds state-of-the art healthcare applications that empower doctors, administrators, and patients in the healthcare delivery process. Software engineering managers oversee the strategic direction for all stages of the software development process, including the design, coding, testing, and analysis of software programs and applications. Managers coach members of the agile teams and collaborate to ensure alignment with organizational goals and overall strategy.
Remote Location, Any, 00000