Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Scientist, Computational Design & Modeling (REMOTE)
Why Seres Therapeutics
Seres Therapeutics is a leading microbiome therapeutics platform company developing a novel class of multifunctional bacterial consortia that are designed to functionally interact with host cells and tissues to treat disease.OurSER-109 program achieved the first-ever positive pivotal clinical results for a targeted microbiome drug candidate and has obtained Breakthrough Therapy and Orphan Drug designations from the FDA. The SER-109 program is being advanced for the treatment of recurrent C. difficile infection and has potential to become a first-in-class FDA-approved microbiome therapeutic.
Seres Therapeutics is a member of the Flagship Pioneering family of companies.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to Seres' in silico drug design and modeling platform.
- Develop and apply various modeling approaches (e.g., statistical, machine learning, and optimization) to drive prediction and design of microbial consortia ecology and pharmacology.
- Work within cross-functional teams to define strategy and data sources for microbial consortia lead identification and optimization.
- Analyze and integrate multi-omics datasets to identify microbiome signatures of disease and targets for treatment.
- Analyze and integrate microbial strain and consortia phenotypic and functional genomic data.
- Summarize and present results and recommendations to stakeholders across the organization.
What You'll Bring
- PhD with 0-5 years of experience in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related quantitative field (bioengineering, computer science, etc.).
- Proficiency in Python and associated scientific, statistical, and machine learning packages (e.g., sklearn, tensorflow, scipy, statsmodels, pandas, pymc3, matplotlib).
- Experience with a range of omics data types and associated bioinformatic algorithms/statistics.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills; excellent team player.
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to delivering on team goals.
You May Also Bring
- Experience in microbial genomics, metabolism, ecology and/or microbiome research.
- Experience with metabolomics and/or metagenomics.
- Familiarity with mathematical optimization/programming, including mixed-integer linear programming formulation and solvers.
- Experience in R.
- Experience with unit testing and version control (git)
Candidates should be aware that Seres Therapeutics currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date.
Seres is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.