Cost AccountantPortland, Oregon /Stumptown - Finance & Accounting /Full-Time/Salaried
Hi, we're Stumptown. We're a coffee company, and we source, roast, taste, package, sell, deliver, brew and serve what we firmly believe is the best coffee on the planet. We are progressive, open, and evolving but uncompromising in our commitment to quality. We work hard, collaborate constantly and have fun every day. We pride ourselves on our passion for excellence, our spirit of generosity and on the long-term relationships we nurture as we guide our coffee from the good hands of our hardworking partners at origin into the cups of our customers. If you love coffee, people and getting things done, this just might be the place for you.Summary
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, the Cost Accountant has a solid understanding of GAAP and cost accounting concepts to support the Finance and Accounting teams with day-to-day operations, forecasting, impact analysis and period-end reporting. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for preparing and analyzing the costs of goods sold for all company products, providing financial support to the Operations team on new initiatives and open projects, as well as preparing journal entries and supporting Inventory reconciliations. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, an aptitude for process improvement, and will support Stumptown's growth and profitability as a business partner for the Operations team. This is a Full-Time, exempt position.
- Collaborates with members of Finance, Accounting, Operations and other teams in order to analyze the costs of goods sold for all products and perform costing calculations.
- Proactively works on period-end analyses and close activities that provide leadership with timely and reliable financial information, including identifying key cost drivers and trends to allow for timely business decisions.
- Provides business partnership to the Operations team, to identify & evaluate cost improvement opportunities and support expansion projects
- Supports the finance team on cost forecasting and planning with a focus on accuracy, transparency and analytics.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures to promote efficiencies within the Company and to help strengthen internal controls.
- Supports the Accounting team on reconciliations of balance sheet accounts relating to inventory and fixed assets.
- Supports month-end inventory accounting is performed in a timely and accurate manner; that variances are researched and explained.
- Performs special projects under the direction of the FP&A Manager and VP Finance and completes other duties as assigned.
- Able to generate ad-hoc reports from Company's ERP system.
- Maintains a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Three to five years of experience in cost accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CMA or CCA preferred
- Knowledge of ERP cost accounting required, Netsuite preferred
- Experience with standard costing highly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Slides)
- Very skilled at working with large amounts of data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the Consumer Products, Manufacturing and/or Retail industries preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in office settings; this position is based at our HQ in Portland, Oregon and will spend, on average, half of their time working in the office and half of their time working from home.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis depending on business needs.
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.Apply for this job