Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Easy, chill kitchen (plus FOH oppty)
Are you getting burned out on a full line and want to work with a menu that is easier and more laid back? Or are you interested in getting your foot in the door but don't have the many years experience other restaurants require? The historic College Inn Pub in the U District is looking for a person for the kitchen with the opportunity to learn front of the house positions.
- No fryer, no grill, no sauté station -- just a good old fashioned oven for making nachos and grinders.
- Tight teamwork and we treat each other with kindness and respect. We strive to be a humanitarian workplace. NO DRAMA!
- The Pub is a fun place to be with interesting, super friendly customers.
- Since we just reopened last summer, plenty of opportunities to contribute to menu items, procedures, and systems still in development.
- Free shift meal and employee discount when you aren't working.
- Opportunities to cross train into other roles (door and support at first).
- Some days are super busy, some are slow -- it all depends on factors on campus, etc. We are looking for a new teammate who can roll with the punches and is OK with business levels being unpredictable. Kitchen shifts are always steady (we always need a cook!).
- Must be 21+ and have or obtain a food handler permit.
- Kitchen shifts = $20/hour plus tips. Door shifts = $18/hour. Support = $15/hour plus tips
If you are new to cooking, this is a great opportunity for you to gain experience. If you are a seasoned professional, this is a great opportunity for you to have a more chill and relaxed kitchen in a friendly pub.
Our hiring philosophy: It is easier to teach a skill to a really nice person than it is to teach a skilled person how to be nice.
The College Inn Pub is womxn-owned/operated and is a safe space for all.