Travelport is a place of opportunity. It's our incredible team that makes our company great - our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel's complex ecosystem.
What does a great Product Manager - Hotel Distribution do?
As a product manager in our hospitality content platform, you would have the opportunity to help shape our future platform and to work with both leading travel providers and sales platforms as well as work with up-and-coming partners looking to disrupt the status quo. And as part of our large, global product team, you can use agile product management practices to guide the product while operating at scale.
The Product Manager (PM) is responsible for identifying customer needs, prioritizing features, guiding the work through Lean product management, and developing and executing on the product vision and product roadmap. Identifies customer needs to articulate value propositions that will drive the optimum return on investment for their product. Provides vision & direction to the delivery team around value pursuit/requirements, feature prioritization and feature-level acceptance criteria. Responsible for entire product lifecycle including sunsetting of products. There are varying levels of scope, experience, and competencies as well as Individual Contributor and Management roles within the Product Manager Job Family.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- The Product Manager is responsible for the Product strategy and vision and will actively manage the prioritization of the Product roadmap for their Product, collaborating and working with the respective product stakeholders to support the Business Strategy, detailing the target Return on Investment (RoI) using tools such as Profit & Loss and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the product(s) over specified time horizons and prioritizing its features.
- Accountable for tracking and reporting on status and metrics; forecasting and monitoring the product TCO and product development/management activities against the agreed plan, managing and reporting potential overruns and the performance against the agreed KPIs, KR and the proposed ROI.
- Responsible for working in concert with the Product Marketing team on general market sensing, defining the target customer, what problems they have and the needs the product will address, developing understanding of how the product measures up to competition, and what makes it unique.
- Accountable for executing the product roadmap, facilitating collaboration with internal stakeholders to deliver the product plans and help drive the anticipated value agreed as part of the planning process.
- Accountable for synchronizing with the Product Owners to ensure new work is brought into the backlog and prioritized appropriately.
- Responsible for collaborating with customers to develop a deep understanding of their customers' market and their business processes; will communicate the product roadmap and actively pursue feedback using the appropriate artefacts.
- Evangelizing the product internally and externally.
- Accountable for managing industry mandates and for executing on the delivery of these.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading the governance of the activities associated with the Product. Enabling a review of the interdependencies between products and scrutinizing performance and delivery against the plan.
- The Product Manager has content authority for the Program Backlog and is accountable for accepting features as done.
- Responsible for researching and staying up to date with market, design thinking, technology, and competitor trends through the appropriate use of tools, resources and stakeholders to qualify new product pipeline opportunities, which will help realize the Product Family Strategy, KPIs and KRs. Accountable for using tools and frameworks to make data driven decisions to test out hypotheses.
- Responsible for ensuring customers, functional, and market experts are integrated into the Product Management, delivery, and architecture teams by agreeing resource requirements with wider product stakeholders.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- 3+ years' experience in Product Management / Ownership - Knowledge and implementation of formal Product Management techniques, tools & principles and Agile delivery methodology.
- Comfortable with data and using data to drive decisions.
- Experience in planning and delivering new products and services as minimum (3 years).
- Deep understanding of tech industry and product management with the ability to translate this knowledge into new product ideas. (Experience with travel industry - ground transportation or hotel / hospitality is preferred.)
- Deep people management expertise to inspire teams to think big, drive outcomes, and challenge themselves.
- Leadership skills: portraying passion to motivate others to build great products and create a shared vision.
- Communication and influencing skills: adept in communicating technical concepts, scheduling trade-offs and championing new ideas with tech and non-tech stakeholders.
- Effective, Systematic Prioritization experience.
- Strong process and governance experience.
- Professionally represents the product through compelling product demos.
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what's been done before, and be bold to win!
Benefits of working at Travelport
We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible to participate in our bonus program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy as well as contributing to our communities with an annual volunteer day off.
Salary Target: $110,000 - $140,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
Interested? We'd love for you to get in touch!
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.*
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.