Position: Participant Services Manager
Reports To: Vice President, Participant Services
Department: Participant Services
Location: West Coast (Remote)
Who we are:
Council on International Education and Exchange (CIEE) is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Why work with us:
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
- You will receive a competitive total rewards package. CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by upwards of 25%. Our top-tier benefits include premium healthcare insurance, annual Company contributions to your retirement fund (up to 5%), generous personal time off (including vacation, holidays, and floating Fridays), and the full suite of insurance
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place
Who you are:
We are seeking an adaptable team player who thrives in a dynamic environment. In this role you will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the West Coast hub of our contact center ensuring they meet the quality and response standards for the department. You will also be the point of contact for staff that need assistance with program inquiries or cases. You will provide guidance, cultural mediation, advice and a cultural perspective regarding participant issues on all CIEE programs.
What you'll do:
- Monitor work, phone, and email queues and make adjustments to staff resources as needed to maintain service level standards
- Manage a team of full-time coordinators, seasonal and temporary staff.
- Maintain an escalated caseload, provide backup to the staff as needed, and manage your individual incidents in a timely and effective manner
- Motivate, mentor, and develop staff through positive communication and feedback
- Foster a team environment that empowers staff to find and develop solutions to participant issues and actively support them through this process
- Meet regularly with the Participant Services Management Team to discuss workloads, staffing, trends, and escalated issues
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to solve participant problems and ensure adherence to standard work processes, compliance rules and regulations
- Solve participant problems that involve multiple stakeholders and departments at CIEE using mediation techniques
- Assist with reporting, training, department communication, and work delegation.
- Develop expertise in all CIEE's programs especially High School USA and Work Exchanges
- Manage the Escalated Emergency line on a rotating basis for staff assigned to the 24 Hour Emergency Cell Phone
- Ability to travel into the field to support participants, families, employers, or related parties during emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent)
- 1-3 years of staff management experience required, preferably in a call center environment
- Must be flexible, possess a positive attitude, be able to work independently and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills - a team player and self-starter who is able to exercise sound judgment to handle various issues across multiple teams
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills with an attention to detail required
- Ability to plan for and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Confident using MS Word, Excel, Salesforce, Share Point, and web-based applications
- Travel or experience in an International Setting and living/studying abroad experience preferred
- Second language fluency and/or public speaking skills are strongly desired
- Must be able to travel locally and internationally and have a valid US Passport and US driver's license
- Internet: download speed 25mbs, upload speed 5mbs
CIEE believes that diversity matters and those professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment
As a condition of employment with CIEE, all new employees must comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires proof of full vaccination status, subject to any local laws or restrictions.