We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 45 hours per week
Starting Salary: $70,000 per year
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Establishes and modifies daily work schedules considering warehouse needs.
• Coordinates job activities and tasks of direct reports on a daily and/or extended basis, in addition to the timing and location of those tasks.
• Oversees the daily receiving of product and/or oversees the daily selection and shipping of product to stores.
• Monitors processes for inbound and outbound deliveries to ensure compliance with established guidelines.
• Develops and implements action plans to improve operating results.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Models the company strategy, as well as communicates the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Interacts effectively with peers through ongoing communication and exchange of information and operates in accordance with shared warehouse management objectives.
• Collaborates with other divisional operational areas and communicates relevant information allowing them to fulfill their duties.
• Communicates with District Managers and store management as appropriate.
• Provides input and recommendations to the Warehouse Operations Manager regarding changes to improve the operation.
• Monitors all companies providing service within the warehouse to ensure acceptable performance.
• Ensures communication with the in-house carrier of daily schedule changes and needs.
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs management regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position.
• Recommend personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate.
• Addresses warehouse issues, escalates and/or refers concerns to peers, 3rd parties, or other management as appropriate; consistently upholds established standards to ensure equitable treatment of warehouse personnel.
• Oversees the activities of warehouse personnel, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of day-to-day operations.
• Leads, plans and facilitates regularly scheduled Warehouse Associate meetings.
• Trains and develops direct reports to achieve their maximum professional potential to retain a motivated and productive workforce.
• Observes and evaluates employees’ work performance; provides feedback and coaching as appropriate, including completion of annual performance review.
• Supervises the timely, accurate and efficient storage of product, supplies and equipment.
• Supervises warehouse teams to ensure compliance with food safety, sanitation, maintenance and operational safety guidelines and procedures.
• Oversees warehouse personnel to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Monitors and manages controllable expenses; provides appropriate inventory and efficiency results and makes employee payroll adjustments as necessary.
• Ensures a safe environment by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining equipment in proper working order.
• Manages direct reports to ensure they comply with established policies and procedures, including but not limited to those outlined in the Employee Handbook, Procedures Manuals.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude & Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary skills and behaviors to perform optimally and meet warehouse needs now and in the future.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by seizing opportunities and proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures. Goes the extra mile and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Leads and Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the team by providing direction, motivation, clarity, resources and support to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
• Sustains High Performance: Sets clear performance standards and monitors progress against standards.
• Takes Ownership: Makes decisions and takes actions based on a clear understanding of the priorities and tasks needed to run an efficient and successful warehouse. Supports the stores and contributes to the growth of the division and overall ALDI organization. Creates an environment that encourages collaboration within and outside of the warehouse.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Uses available information and instinctual curiosity to address situations before they occur and responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Works to correct problems that affect the financial and operational success of ALDI warehouses.
• Collaboration: Believes in collaborative efforts and decision making. Focuses on constant verbal and written communication to ensure mutual understanding. Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
• Ability to manage direct reports relating to training, development, motivation, retention and discipline.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Negotiation skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Frequently work in varying temperatures, hot and cold (including outdoor temperatures and refrigerator/freezer environments).
• Continuously standing; frequently required to sit, bend, reach, grip, push, pull, lift, carry and walk throughout the warehouse.
• Frequently required to lift and place product weighing up to 45 pounds on pallets at various heights.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.