Representative II, AR Mgmt
- Review and/or audit accounts to determine status and appropriate action required from workflow generated from practice management system. Document follow-up appropriately in practice management systems.
- Research and follow-up on denials and requests for additional information utilizing denial management reports and correspondence.
- Receive, research and respond to correspondence from insurance companies, attorneys and patients.
- Use facility correspondence websites, phone and/or correspondence to contact payers regarding reimbursement for unpaid accounts.
- Contact patients as needed to collect appropriate information or to collect and/or resolve patient balances.
- Collaborate with management to identify payer trends and non-payment issues.
- Identify, verify and document account adjustments according to established policy and procedure.
- Ensure service level and productivity requirements are met as it relates to reimbursement of accounts, resolution of tasks and response to inquiries, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and partner with internal and external customers by providing superior customer service.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required.
- 3 plus years of experience in Medical billing and/or collections experience and standard office practices and procedures, customer.
- 3 plus years of experience in performing tasks that require a basic understanding of accounting and math skills or equivalent education.
- Previous experience with Excel and Windows based programs required; prefer experience working with practice management software.
Ability to report to the Hunt Valley, Maryland NextGen Healthcare office.
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.
Perform medical billing and collection activities for assigned patient and insurance accounts. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with payers and/or clients.
Remote Location, Any, 00000