New York Power Authority (NYPA) has long been committed to building a thriving, resilient New York State powered by clean energy. Our mission is to lead the transition to a carbon-free, economically vibrant New York through customer partnerships, innovative energy solutions, and the responsible supply of affordable, clean and reliable electricity.
The Recruiter will join a tenured Talent Acquisition team within the Human Resources group, and will own the development and implementation of innovative, competitive, cost-effective recruiting initiatives to attract a diverse, highly talented, and productive workforce. The Recruiter is responsible for strategic full life cycle recruiting, supporting our Business Units with best-in-class service, while providing our candidates with responsive guidance and timely feedback. #LI-JP1Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Partner with hiring managers and HR Business Partners as a trusted advisor, to understand business needs and strategies.
- Drive the full lifecycle recruiting process across multiple functions from screening to closing.
- Schedule interviews, develop sourcing techniques to attract top, diverse industry talent, and market job postings.
- Partner on diversity recruiting strategies that enable NYPA to substantially increase hires from underrepresented groups.
- Consistently work to ensure Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across our interview processes and employee experience.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Ability to form strong relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization and with candidates.
- Strong communication skills with a focus on asking questions and listening to understand.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to source, pre-qualify, schedule, interview, select candidates and negotiate offers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter with exceptional attention to detail with time management, multitasking and communications skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Employment regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated full cycle recruitment related experience from development of a recruiting strategy and creative recruitment solutions.
Approximately 10% travel primarily within NY State to NYPA facilities, Job Fairs and Campus recruiting events.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer