Provides direct support to people served in a manner consistent with the InVision Customized Services' mission and philosophy. Responsible for implementing all aspects of support plans. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Responsible for the routine, emergent and follow-up medical care of the person supported and their overall health and well-being during the scheduled shift. Acts as the petty cash custodian. Compiles routine documentation as outline by policy and procedure.
Mission and Philosophy
- Actively builds a meaningful relationship with the person supported that honors the person's voice and life vision.
- Encourages and honors each person to be the decision maker in his/her life and interacts with each person with an understanding that the person is capable and competent.
- Encourages rather than directs each person supported and recognizes and acts upon non-verbal feedback provided by the person supported.
- Performs all job duties with the understanding that what is most important is that which is important to the person supported.
- Alters the interaction/approach being used with the person in the moment based upon the person's verbal or non-verbal communication and assists in deescalating situations.
- Listens to the person supported and follows their lead. Avoids debating, arguing, advising especially during a crisis or situation which may become a crisis.
- Seeks feedback from the person supported to ensure the person feels heard and supported. Acknowledges mistakes and apologizes to each person, if warranted, thus accepting joint ownership of the relationship.
- Implements each support plan as written, particularly acknowledging a person's feelings and responding in a way that helps to meet each person's goals and needs, without trying to change the person or their behavior.
- Participates in all debriefing sessions which occur following an incident and accepts feedback from each person involved and responds promptly and positively to feedback.
- Demonstrates professionalism, dignity, and respect towards persons supported, co-workers, management, and other associates both within the organization and outside of the company.
- Serves as a constant positive role model with the person supported, team members, co-workers, management, and others both within the organization and outside the company.
- Assists in planning community and in-home activities that are of interest to and meaningful for the person supported.
- Seeks feedback from the program specialist to ensure their interactions are in accordance with the agency philosophy and needs of the person supported.
- Reports any questions or concerns regarding person supported, co-workers or the organization directly to the program supervisor.
- Works with various individuals as needed and as assigned by the Company.
Licensing and Contractual Compliance
- Maintains at all times supervision levels prescribed in support plans.
- Maintains the cleanliness, safety and security of the home or property, which may include but not be limited to housekeeping, minor household repair, yard care, trash removal, laundry, and general upkeep, in a manner consistent with InVision standards and all regulatory and licensing requirements and reports any maintenance issues.
- Schedules emergent, routine and follow-up medical appointments and accurately documents the outcome of each appointment to ensure regulatory compliance as well as the overall optimum health of the person supported.
- Ensures the overall health and well-being of the person supported and implements recommendations from medical professionals.
- Immediately notifies program specialist of any changes in the general medical health of the person, emergent necessary treatment or follow-up appointments, and/or changes in medication.
- Actively and appropriately responds to and reports emergency situations, including utilizing the emergency on-call system if required.
- Accurately dispenses and documents the administration of medication in accordance with the PA State Medication Administration Program.
- Collects, reviews and submits to the office monthly documentation, including but not limited to the daily notes, MAR, fire drill, physical forms, dental forms, medical visit forms and cash on hand reports. Reports any discrepancies or missing documentation to the compliance specialist, in writing, at time of submission of monthly documentation.
- Maintains confidentiality of records relating to protected health information (PHI) of the person supported as prescribed by HIPAA regulations.
- Complies with all InVision Customized Services policies, procedures and standard business practices.
- Completes all cross over responsibilities as outline in company policy and procedures.
- Correctly and accurately completes and submits InVision Customized Services required documents such as timesheets, expense reports, fire drills, progress notes, physical examinations, vehicle insurance and vehicle registration by stated deadlines.
- Adheres to schedule for arrival time, scheduled appointments, and other company related meetings. Independently tracks and completes company required training within designated timeframes.
- Monitors and reports vehicle maintenance and repairs as well as accurately completes monthly vehicle documentation, if applicable.
- Transports the person supported to community based activities and appointments.
- Responsible for planning meals, purchasing of food, and oversight of meal preparation during assigned shifts.
- Provides full documentation of all expenditures made on behalf of the person supported, the company, personal expense reimbursements, or other related disbursements, ensures all applicable budgets are followed, and immediately reports any discrepancies.
- Serves as a responsible petty cash per diem card custodian.
- Performs other job-related tasks, duties and responsibilities from time to time as requested by program specialist and/or manager.
The following constitute the behavior expectations the company has for each employee:
- Treats everybody with dignity and respect
- Is honest and trustworthy
- Respects authority and the chain of communication
- Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn about the company and its philosophies
- Exhibits empathy
- Respects others opinions, beliefs and position on a matter, even if it contradicts his/her own
- Understands the importance of, and practices respectful disagreement
- Follows fundamental business etiquette and protocols
- Complies with all policies and regulations
- Projects a positive attitude and image of the company internally and externally
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, as well as any physical requirements. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma/GED and a minimum of 3 years working in the field of social services. Associates Degree or Bachelors of Science or Arts in related field preferred; prior knowledge of 6400 regulations a plus. Demonstrates interest in professional growth by reading industry related information and participating in educational opportunities. Masters Degree may be substituted for experience.
- Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance
- Extensive local travel
- Maintain training compliance as defined in all pertinent regulations
- Ability to comprehend access and utilize electronic medium and various computer programs.
- Availability during scheduled licensing and monitoring
- Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematical concepts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Additional Physical Requirements
- Ability to maintain level of vigilance as described in Customized Support Plan
- Ability to wake and respond to clients during overnight hours as needed
- Ability to respond quickly to security system warnings
- Ability to remain in close physical proximity of individual supported as defined in plan for supervision