Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they're needed, when they're needed.
We're one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions. Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what's most important to them. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
We're growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
Descartes is seeking a Sr Product Manager for the Descartes Retail Distribution product line. Descartes Retail Distribution products provide a variety of supply-chain focused solutions for large retailers and the logistics providers who serve them.
The Sr Product Manager, reporting to the VP of Product Management, will be responsible for all Product Management duties for the Retail Distribution product line with an emphasis on road mapping, release management, Agile/SCRUM process management, cross-product integration, and identifying product improvements to support our customer base. This role will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Development, Support, and Professional Services teams to develop product strategy and ensure that we deliver value to our stakeholders. Successful candidates will have strong internal communication skills, the ability to quickly understand customer needs and translate them into feature requirements, a strong background in Product Management processes, and polished analytical/data modeling skills. The successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals. This candidate will become an expert in our product line, using this knowledge to provide best in class customer guidance while also working internally to make our products better.
* Own the product vision & strategy for your product. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
* Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends.
* Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term.
* Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
* Manage requirements & collaborate with design, engineering & Go To Market teams to ship the best products in this business. We win or lose as a team. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
* Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
* Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers, competitors, and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
For you to be successful in this position, you will have 3-5 years of product management experience in a technology company, preferably in a B2B or B2C SaaS company - logistics service provider experience required, retail experience preferred.
* You can show us successful products that you have shipped.
* The ability to work autonomously. You can define your own work priorities and processes.
* The ability to write clear product specifications, build wireframes, conduct customer interviews, and perform market research independently.
* The ability to handle multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and adjust as needed.
* Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, engineering, support, and professional services. You must be able to channel many points of view.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proven ability to deliver on commitments. You do whatever it takes to deliver.
* Flexibility & willingness to work with remote global teams. Occasional travel may be required.
This is a remote position. Northeastern US is preferred, but not required.
As we scale, we're looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology. We're entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success.
Descartes also has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Learn more about how we helped our customers save over 552,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2020 by reducing fuel and paper consumption: https://www.descartes.com/who-we-are/social-responsibility-sustainability/environmental-impact.Join a team that's committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory. If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Due to COVID-19, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement. Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.