Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Reporting to the Production Manager , the Process Lead is responsible for all outcomes related to the techniques, processes, and systems in an area and supports the Asset Owner and Maintenance Lead, owning processes for Centerlines (CL) and Rapid Changeovers (RCO).
- Define standard processes and tools to handle defects (DH) and ensures that processes are executed properly - Identify and implement technical operations opportunities
- Track breakdowns, assess root causes, and implement countermeasures
- Define, establish, and uphold standard processes and tools to manage centerlines
- Support the team in the implementation and continuous improvement of their respective Daily Management System (DMS) elements
- Ensure the processes are optimized and executed according to defined standards - Develop and implement operation strategies and key performance indicators
- Continuously improves processes to maximize the full utilization of machines - Coach team/train members in best practices in terms of equipment and procedures
- Collect and analyzes data to determine opportunities
- Collaborate with other Process Leads to share best practices for standardized processes
- When variances are detected, create and execute action plan to mitigate impact.
- Participate in the Line Centric Team (LCT) meetings and provide data analysis and corrective actions for the team on identified issues in his/her line.
- Support divisional and corporate objectives including health & safety, productivity, continuous improvement, innovation, quality, waste and 5S;
Experiences and strengths
• Ability to ensure accuracy and monitor quality of work while honoring commitments
• Ability to assess a situation, take initiative, be proactive and propose solutions
• Ability to collaborate with others, be a team member, listen and communicate effectively
• Ability to plan and organize activities in order to meet organizational objectives
• Proficient use of various computer programs (SAP, 4PL, MS Office)
• Must participate in required training and development.
Core competencies defined for this job
Planning and organizing
*Health and safety
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.