Strategy & Business Development - Business Change Lead
We're proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26 , the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we're looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Cardiff or Perth - Flexible within a commutable distance.
Salary: £53,300 - £79,900 + cash allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 15 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The main purpose of the role is to drive business change and readiness activities in support of the delivery of transformation across the Energy Customer Solutions portfolio. As part of the role you will set, own and apply project and programme methodology within the overarching business change framework. You will be responsible for working in partnership to ensure all business change activities are delivered on time and within budget. As part of the role you will:
- Define the desired future state of our organisation based on our Business strategy. Designing the corresponding change programme to deliver on the business strategy, including specific initiatives in areas such as:
Definition of essential behaviours,
Learning strategy, and
Approach to leveraging analytics and measurement tools and methodologies.
- Own and apply project and programme methodology and content within the Business Change Framework ensuring the business understands how projects are aligned with the strategic direction of the organisation and how successful delivery is linked with the benefits realisation process.
- Ensure appropriate governance frameworks are in place and adhered to and that there is relevant quality assurance on all business change deliverables across all programmes and projects to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Set, maintain and apply methodology and content for education and training activities and deliverables within the Business Change Framework. Leading the development and successful execution of the overarching approach to education and training. Hold overall responsibility for all education and training deliverables and activities across the relevant project or programme capability, including: training needs analysis, train the trainer, design and development of training materials, scheduling and delivery and evaluation of training.
- Working with staff and third party contractors supporting the business so that they focus on the current and future needs of customers and stakeholders. Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships to ensure effective delivery of service and realisation of benefits. Proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to maximise value for money for service provided and ensure a return on investment.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Understanding of the UK Energy Supplier Market with practical understanding of how an Energy Supply organisation operates.
- Extensive experience in the Business Change discipline delivering into a number of project lifecycles in complex or transformation programmes. Experience as a Lean and Agile practitioner is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate deep subject matter expertise in large complex programmes with a strong understanding of all Business Change disciplines (organisational design, education and training, communication and engagement, business readiness) and best practices.
- Experience of developing and shaping strong business change principles, methodologies and templates to support an overarching Business Change Framework.
- Ability to think strategically, driving vision, mission and strategy across a portfolio of initiatives and bringing this to life for the business in the execution of transformation initiatives.
About our Business
The race to net zero is intensifying for businesses of all sizes. Sustainable decisions made today can meet customers' changing needs for tomorrow and bring long-term success for businesses. Part of SSE plc, the UK and Ireland's largest renewable electricity generator, SSE Energy Solutions is different as all its renewable electricity is sourced from SSE's own UK wind and hydro assets.
In addition to providing gas and electricity to businesses across the UK, SSE Energy Solutions invests in, builds and connects localised flexible infrastructure to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. SSE Energy Solutions works with its customers to deliver financially robust plans to bring flexibility and diversity to their energy infrastructure - the low-carbon solutions they need to succeed in the race to net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey at email@example.com or on 01738 340426
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.