Are you a current student nurse graduating in Fall/Winter 2023, Spring 2024 or Summer 2024 and looking to continue your nursing career at UPMC?
UPMC Home Health Altoona is pleased to announce we are NOW HIRING Graduate Nurses as full-time Professional Staff Nurses. Graduate Nurse Opportunities are highly sought-after and help recent graduates launch their nursing career at UPMC!
UPMC Home eHeHealth with various offices to support Altoona and the surrounding area.
The Professional Staff Nurse provides highly competent patient care and treatment while demonstrating empathy and a passion for learning. A role that requires independent judgment, fluent communication, and candid partnership, the Professional Staff Nurse establishes relationships with physicians, other care providers, patients, and patients’ families to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Home Health has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our patients and our employees safe. Ability to give 1:1 direct patient care. You will work directly with a team member for six months during all visits.
As a Professional Staff Nurse and a member of the care delivery team, you will set the standards for the level and quality of nursing care and possess authority and accountability for its provision. At all times, you will exemplify a commitment to the community and to the nursing profession.
How does UPMC Support our Nurses?
UPMC is committed to investing in nurses like you –financially, personally, and professionally –starting on day one of your career. From tackling student loans to advancing your career later in life, UPMC is the partner you need to succeed and thrive in your nursing career.
Here are a few examples of how we support our nurses:
- Generous Sign-On Bonus of up to $15,000* for Graduate Nurses (*Amount and eligibility based on type of nursing role and candidate experience)
- Up to five and a half weeks of Paid Time Off annually, plus seven paid holidays each year
- Dedicated career ladders, including a brand-new nursing career ladder added just this year, allowing you to achieve your highest potential while rewarding you for your experience and advanced education
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $6,000 per academic year at any accredited institution, available to employees and their dependents (plus discounts for UPMC employees including no cost RN-BSN/MSN options!)
- Top clinicians, leading researchers, and the most modern equipment and technology in health care today
Shifts/Hours: Our RNs work Monday - Friday daylight shifts. Weekend, holiday, and on-call rotations.
- The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below.
- They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
- Zero to one year of experience.
- Completion of UPMC student nurse internship, nurse residency, or student clinical transitions course at UPMC preferred BSN preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities are required as related to various aspects of patient care.
- Good clinical judgment. Critical thinking skills are necessary to exercise and to lead others in the application of the nursing process.
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting, and positioning of patients.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. Must complete licensure examination within FOUR MONTHS of hire or within one year of graduation, whichever comes first. MUST work 1:1 with Nurse preceptor prior to obtaining license. Though temporary permits are valid for one year from the date of graduation, not one year from issue of permit (or until the results of the examination are known at which time it becomes null and void), UPMC requires that GNs take the licensure examination within 4 months of their start date or they will be terminated or demoted from the GN position, at the discretion of the BU.
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Driver's License
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Temporary Practice Permit (TPP)
- Act 33
- Act 34
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran