As a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals!
Location/Division Specific Information
Unity Lab Services provides a single source for integrated lab service, support, and supply management. Our customized service offerings and premier service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address our customer's laboratory's business needs.
This position is in Wilmington, DE.
Discover Impactful Work:
The position is focused primarily on scientific support services within Unity Lab Services core offerings of order entry, order management, operating customer procurement systems, stockroom services, material handling, shipping/receiving, chemical tracking, and glasswash operations. May also include media preparation and cell culture support operations.
A Day in the Life:
- Use Thermo Fisher Scientific's or customer's inventory/order management electronic systems to perform the following activities: on-site program replenishments and disbursements, receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, API, general customer service, work open order reports, product returns, and backorder processing, and inventory management reports as assigned.
- Follow work processes as outlined by our written procedures & update SOPs and work instructions on an annual basis
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively addresses issues with a goal of resolution within established timeframe, and proactively communicates with supervisor, any customer concerns and/or potential problems
- Works closely with fisher scientific sales team as needed
- Engages in process improvement activities
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned by management
How will you get here?
High School Diploma, college degree preferred
- 2-3 years of equivalent experience, preferably within a laboratory setting or services
- Demonstrated customer service, verbal, written, and presentation skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to read, write and speak English fluently, using strong communication skills and desire to deliver excellent customer service, including maintaining a professional appearance in all interactions and upholding Thermo Fisher Scientific's values.
- Possesses the interpersonal skills to be able to collaborate with various levels of Thermo Fisher personnel & customers.
- Knowledgably operates handheld scanners and performs data entry function
- Demonstrates computer proficiency and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software. Uses organizational skills to multi-task and meet due dates as needed.
- Works primarily at customer sites, which may require working independently. Work areas may include spaces where chemical-based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses, steel toe shoes, and/or safety glasses.
- Requires the ability to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 pounds, including operation and use of pushcarts, pallet jacks, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not a comprehensive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and share in our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.