Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Overland Park Regional Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Clinical Nurse Coordinator Progressive Care and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator Progressive Care opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordinates all functions in the unit. In partnership with the management team, the CNC monitors and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies. The CNC serves as a resource for staff and supports an unparalleled patient experience.
What you will do in this role:
- Partner with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered care.
- Assist with admission and discharge processes.
- Partner with subject matter experts and leadership team to support improved outcomes and service.
- Provide coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance and engagement.
- Assist with staff scheduling.
About the Unit:
- 18 private rooms.
- Ratios 1-4:-5 with Patient Care Tech Support; unit comprised of PCT, LPN, RN and CNC.
- The PCU cares for patients with moderate physiologic instability requiring support ( i.e. COPD exacerbation, pneumonia, CHF & trach patients.
- Patients are hemodynamically stable that require cardiac & respiratory monitoring & management every2-4 hours.
- The level of care of the PCU unit requires less care than the ICU but more than that which is provided in the Medical/Surgical Units.
- This unit specializes in the care of cardiac and pulmonary patients.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS certification required and maintained; NIH obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred.
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership competency.
- Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity standard.
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives and positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice.
- Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a 340+ bed facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are Johnson County’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Children’s healthcare services. We offer the region’s only Maternal Fetal Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies. Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000 patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City’s leading healthcare provider in the region.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator Progressive Care opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.