Bethesda Brings out the Best in Talented, Caring People!
At Bethesda, more than 1,200 employees dedicate their careers to improving the lives of others.
As a team member at Bethesda, you'll enjoy great benefits such as: 403b, daily pay, bonuses, career advancement opportunities, and holiday pay.
Medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance available for regular status full and part time employees.
SummaryProvides patient care related support including services relative to hygiene, nutrition, ambulation, elimination, and safety as directed by Charge Nurse per established departmental guidelines. Documents appropriately into patient record charting based on skill level and follows established standards and guidelines. Upon admission, accurately completes personal belonging sheet, obtains and records height, weight, and vital signs, orientates new resident to the facility and unit, ensures that resident receives an arm band and provides resident with a labeled admission kit. Answers call lights promptly and responds to all resident needs. Completes rounds as assigned and throughout course of duty. Turns and repositions residents every 2 hours; repositions seated residents every hour. Takes vital signs and weights accurately and reports to Charge Nurse promptly and accurately. Ensures that proper slings, splints, braces, positions devices, specialty care items, etc. are applied according to physician or therapy orders. Accurately measures intake and output on the I & O sheets and relays information to Charge Nurse at shift change. Performs procedures and treatments as instructed by Charge Nurse (i.e.: Sitz bath, moist packs, isolation techniques, etc.). Maintains appropriate supplies and equipment on the unit and alerts Charge Nurse or purchasing clerk of additional needs. Ensures that charge items are entered according to departmental procedure. Successfully completes job duties as CNA by attending continuing education classes and in-services, accepting reassignments to other areas, taking on increased responsibilities, and keeping Charge Nurse informed of pertinent information that may require follow-up. Interacts and maintains effective working relationships with other team members, charge nurse, and department managers. Maintains discretion in handling confidential information. Gives report to Charge Nurse at the end of each shift and completes walking rounds with the oncoming or leaving shift. May be assigned other duties as appropriate.
- High school diploma preferred, but not required
- Active Certified Nurse Assistant certification in the state you will be working
- CPR certification required, or willing to obtain within six months of employment
- Long-term care experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills to interact verbally with patients, visitors, and staff
- Ability to manage time and organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy objects using proper lifting techniques and with assistance when necessary
- Ability to transfer and move patients who vary with ability to assist weighing 200+lbs using proper lifting techniques and with assistance when necessary
- Ability to push and pull equipment weighing in excess of 40lbs using proper techniques and with assistance when necessary
- Manual dexterity, coordination and skillful use of hands when working with patients and equipment
- Ability to physically perform necessary documentation in writing or se of tape recorder
- Visual acuity with the ability to distinguish color